Adelaide, South Australia

Hey guys, I have a two fold question for you.

Firstly, what decent venues are there around town to hang out and listen to some decent electronic music? I was talking to someone who pointed me to Cuckoo (on Hindley) and Dragonfly (Vic Square), and of course there's the Ultracade events.

Anyone know any others?

Secondly, who wants to start actually getting out the freaking house and hanging out listenin' to tunes? I'd be ducking out early every night (and not drinking) to head to work around midnightish, but I'd love to chill somewhere not a club with decent music for a few hours after dinner, if you guys are keen.

Adelaide, Australia

Keen. My schedule is mental. Long, crazy story in short my wife and I are living off my income so when I'm not on campus trying to get a lolgree I'm at work. Busy 7 nights a week for an unknown period of time. Definitely keen though.

I originally thought this was about live performance, so I'm putting this idea out there. We should try and start performing on a semi-regular basis. If there isn't a pre-existing avant-garde electronique live scene in this desert wasteland then let's fucking make one!

Just sayin'

Last edited by Thursdaybloom (March 9, 2012 2:15 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Would if I was closer to the city and had the money. tongue

Coastal Australia

I'm heading to the Grace Emily this Friday to see the eclectic Immerman.  I play experimental/impro stuff scattered throughout the year and bands regularly.  Would nice to see some more regular faces at gigs  smile

And Thursdaybloom, it'd be great to have an avant-garde scene but it needs regular punters to support the idea.  I go to as many gigs as I can to support the cause but I only see a few regulars.

Well, Cuckoo might be the place for us scene wise, if the person I was talking to is to be believed. She basically painted a picture of a solid electronic performance venue.

Regular punters come with putting on awesome shows. There was no chipmusic scene in Melbourne three years ago, but we kept putting on shows that people loved so they brought their things. Its a cliche but if you build it they will come.

If anyone wants advice on putting on outside the box type shows, let me know. I have a document somewhere of learnings from putting on SoundBytes that would probably be useful to non-chip genres too.

Aus

I am surprised to see so many Adelaide people here!

I'm not in the scene at all but I'd be interested in getting into it. I'm a big Trash80 fan, but that's about the extent of my exposure to chiptune.

I'd be interested in that doc, dos. [email protected] when you get a chance, man smile

Right. This weekend coming is my Fringe show's run, so no go for me, but the week after, I think I'll try head out a bit and scout some spots, if people want to join me

Coastal Australia

This Saturday Molloy is playing.  Myself and one other weekly beater (Ryan) is in this band.  Instrumental post rock??  Come to the gig and make up your own mind.  smile    Two weekly beaters for the price of one.  Well the gig is free actually so for the price of nothing!

https://www.facebook.com/events/192499584184425/

Sent Alastair smile

adelaide

rdomain, I'm coming on Saturday.

Coastal Australia
little-scale wrote:

rdomain, I'm coming on Saturday.

Love ya work  smile

See you there!