adelaide

I'd like to know what people have been listening to recently. Not necessarily inspirational music per se, just music that you've been enjoying recently, or music that you have been getting something out of.

Simi Valley, CA

I've been listening to quite a lot of Kraftwerk. Their songs, especially on Computer World, have a very chip-like sound to them.

Also, Brandt Brauer Frick/The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble is really cool. 'Bop' is a great song to just chill out on a couch and listen to over and over.

Madison, Alabama

St. Vincent's album Strange Mercy,

Destroyer's Album Kaputt,

and Danimal Cannon.

Melbourne, Australia

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Live Art, mostly.

St Louis

(in reverse chronological order)
hammock - 'stranded under endless sky' and 'longest year' (as go to bed albums)

(and on shuffle)
sonic youth
richard devine
oranssi pazuzu
sepultura
gridlock
skywave
gigan
ghost (japan)
ruins
my bloody valentine
immolation
decapitated
nirvana rarities
lilys
heavy vegeatable
rotten sound
loincloth (favorite album of 2012 so far)
brutal truth
autechre
scorn
jazzanova
tipsy
cheer accident
american heritage
upsilon acrux
mf doom
dub trio

Utah

Suzanne Ciani's Seven Waves album. It's a bit on the new-age side, but has a lot of qualities I really like. In case you're curious.

adelaide

OK Ikumi, I'm digging this. Sounds like something both of us would be into smile

Skweee, linde and josh morse and skweee

Skweee, linde and josh morse and skweee

Philadelphia, PA

Got Danimal Cannon's "Roots" this week, so, I've been digging the shit outta that.

...and as always Radiohead's "Kid A"

Adelaide, South Australia

I have a giant playlist (202 songs) that is my go-to for background music I can ignore, which I've spent most of my time on this week. Other than that, there's one CD I received to review that I've been finding myself listening to a lot... it's Skrillex's 'Bangarang' EP... say what you will, it's catchy for the most part

AU

Soul in the Hole by Shawn Lee (comp LP), The KLF, Hendrix, The Bamboo's, and tons of Nonfinate because I'm mixing his new EP / album. (!!)

Philadelphia, PA
cTrix wrote:

Soul in the Hole by Shawn Lee (comp LP), The KLF, Hendrix, The Bamboo's, and tons of Nonfinate because I'm mixing his new EP / album. (!!)

Cat's out of the bag!!! Call the press!!

Adelaide SA

Not sure why, but Marilyn Manson, Diana Krall (mostly because I play it at work), Rachmaninov recently....and Alberto Iglesias

/bows to Kid A

The future
Solarbear wrote:

Cat's out of the bag!!! Call the press!!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 6749_n.jpg

Chicago

for inspiration for the christain hardcore worship band my friend and I are starting, Advent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0LDHVzmsg