WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ExtentOfTheJam's music / The Cybernetic Core (raw Yamaha OPL3)

The Cybernetic Core (raw Yamaha OPL3)

By ExtentOfTheJam on January 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Thunderforce 4 style jam! Sounds like a last level, doesn't it?

I always am torn between adding a bassline or not to metal songs. It always sounds wrong to me..? Any tips? This song is just guitar. I wanted a really hard slappy tinny bass to go along with it but .. eh.

This was done with a preview build of RADTracker that supports OPL3.

January 15, 2018 12:25 am

Does the lead line make sense to people? I'm thinking I should've only added the harmonies on the second go-around.

January 15, 2018 1:21 am
ExtentOfTheJam wrote:

Makes sense to me, and I like that countermelody. It might be cool to have the harmonies come in later in the piece, like you said, but this is a really cool track!

January 15, 2018 2:06 am

A lot of really good elements in here. I really like the rolled percussion and the bassline, and way to use that sort of atonal bell sound melodically that was all over the place in Adlib. The various different leads you used for melodies were also quite pleasant. It barely sounds like OPL3 haha.

January 15, 2018 6:00 pm

January 16, 2018 12:58 am
ExtentOfTheJam wrote:

It sounds great.  You get at least one repetition of it clean at the very front and that's enough to give it structure.  Impressive use of the OPL3 too!

January 20, 2018 4:57 pm
ExtentOfTheJam wrote:

Honestly, you can never really fuck it up if you stick to the chord progression.