Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / emily's music / memorial day

memorial day

By emily on May 24, 2020 8:20 pm

i'm holding space
in loving kindness
your grief is being held
i'm holding space

 
"Inconsolable grief" Ivan Nikolayevich Kramskoy

- this song is dedicated to my buddy Sgt. Matthew Miller - been 9 years since you walked on ahead - wish i could talk to you & listen to your thoughts about the crazy state of the world right now & write some songs about it heart

holdin' space for ya'll

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
May 25, 2020 12:59 am

May 25, 2020 1:16 am
Ipaghost wrote:


May 25, 2020 1:40 am

This is really beautiful. The vocals feel almost dreamlike because of where they sit in the mix. I really like it. smile

May 25, 2020 5:21 am

Lovely

May 25, 2020 12:17 pm

Wow... So damn beautiful... Reminds me of the theme in the John Carpenter movie 'Starman'... yep!

May 25, 2020 7:03 pm

A great tribute to your friend and a perfect listen for memorial day.  It's very celestial sounding and gives me some floaty vibes.

May 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Pretty.

May 30, 2020 8:33 pm
hent03 wrote:

This is really beautiful. The vocals feel almost dreamlike because of where they sit in the mix. I really like it. smile

videographica wrote:

Lovely

Podling wrote:

Wow... So damn beautiful... Reminds me of the theme in the John Carpenter movie 'Starman'... yep!

CosmicCairns wrote:

A great tribute to your friend and a perfect listen for memorial day.  It's very celestial sounding and gives me some floaty vibes.

Devieus wrote:

Pretty.


thank you!

May 31, 2020 4:15 pm

Whoa. I unfortunately lost my cousin to PTSD after serving 2 tours. Its been 6 years since he passed on. Thank you for setting the tone prior to listening. It kind of put me in my feels. Cheers to the fallen.

May 31, 2020 5:53 pm
Saucey-dough wrote:

Whoa. I unfortunately lost my cousin to PTSD after serving 2 tours. Its been 6 years since he passed on. Thank you for setting the tone prior to listening. It kind of put me in my feels. Cheers to the fallen.

Thank you for sharing this Saucy-dough.  The world is going through so much collective grief right now but this holiday is always a bit of a trigger for me & all of us who have loved/lost people who have served.  Holding space for your loss/grief. 

June 5, 2020 1:54 pm

That opening synth created such a cinematic feel.  Especially when the strings and your vocals come together.  I agree w/ Podling, those higher strings reminded me a bit of the main theme from Starman.  Your vocals take it to new territory.  Thanks for sharing this healing beauty with us.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up