Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / Quête d'Automne

Quête d'Automne

By djippy on October 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Wanted to try to go "cinematic-orchestral"... Was looking for decent free library on the web and did try the spitfire LABS, and I did sign up for their BBC library but I'll have to wait for another week for this one... So I might do something a little like this one, maybe even MORE EPIC (at least I'll try, still have to put some timpani, some winds and stuffff!!!).

Everything is from Spitfire LABS, except for the Drums (addictive drums 2, wanted to maybe track those, I'll see if I have the motivation by the end of tomorrow) and two little touch of guitars at the end. smile (It was the small gibson this time, the one little Gaspard is pointing on the picture)

This one was actually not too difficult to do, it was fun and was done in about 3-4 hrs, mostly Friday evening, I was finding excuse not to do music this week, but Friday was a good evening, fun to use new sounds. I did start to look for halloween theme sounds.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
October 12, 2020 1:01 am

You can't really go wrong with LABS.

October 12, 2020 1:51 am

Cool experiment! Orchestra tracks are very interesting but also challenging (though there are quite a lot of very cool youtube videos with best practices).
The section from 2:58 is really cool, epic, it reminds me a lot of Westworld soundtrack.

Cute little boy helping out on the tracks!

October 12, 2020 11:28 pm

Really cool. I dabbled with orchestral stuff way when I started music, and then moved away from it and haven't really returned to it. I tried doing it this week but I fell rather short.

About this piece, I confess that I did giggle a little bit when the trombones came in, they were a little farty sounding and felt a little out of place. I like the overall ideas here.  Tense, mysterious, with some driving beats and tension that builds up continuously. It's interesting.

October 13, 2020 6:18 pm

I really got stuck to this slomo track and enjoyed the tragedy. Is Gaspard learning fingertipping on the gibson?

October 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Nice combo of orchestra with a rock trap kit. Strings came out really nice.  The slow pace of the drums makes for a somber vibe but you really pull it up at the end with the guitars.  It becomes much more uplifting and epic.

October 13, 2020 10:25 pm

LABS is great. I really like the sound of the drums in this track. Got a tight crunch to it

October 14, 2020 1:35 am
Devieus wrote:

You can't really go wrong with LABS.


It is pretty awesome for the price of giving out your email address...

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Cool experiment! Orchestra tracks are very interesting but also challenging (though there are quite a lot of very cool youtube videos with best practices).
The section from 2:58 is really cool, epic, it reminds me a lot of Westworld soundtrack.

Cute little boy helping out on the tracks!


Photo has been taken a little while ago, time fly.

Arcana wrote:

Really cool. I dabbled with orchestral stuff way when I started music, and then moved away from it and haven't really returned to it. I tried doing it this week but I fell rather short.

About this piece, I confess that I did giggle a little bit when the trombones came in, they were a little farty sounding and felt a little out of place. I like the overall ideas here.  Tense, mysterious, with some driving beats and tension that builds up continuously. It's interesting.


Thanks! I wanted the low register brass to not sound like the other one and there was this patch... I actually think it kind of works smile.

Q-Rosh wrote:

I really got stuck to this slomo track and enjoyed the tragedy. Is Gaspard learning fingertipping on the gibson?


Nah, except for having fun detuning playing with the machine head he doesn't do much with the guitars... lol.

NWSPR wrote:

Nice combo of orchestra with a rock trap kit. Strings came out really nice.  The slow pace of the drums makes for a somber vibe but you really pull it up at the end with the guitars.  It becomes much more uplifting and epic.


Thanks. I like how it turned out.

danju wrote:

LABS is great. I really like the sound of the drums in this track. Got a tight crunch to it


Being mostly doing acoustic stuff (Plus I have a kind of shitty computer) usually I never looked that much into virtual instruments, but doing this year weekly beats push me to try new stuff and look for some new tool. It is pretty cool.

Thanks a lot all.

October 14, 2020 2:07 am

The BBC orchestra is great, I couldnt believe they were giving that away for free.  Love the new sound this week man, very cool.  Pretty badass when the drums come in.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up