WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / I wish I was Meg White

I wish I was Meg White

By djippy on January 25, 2020 3:30 am

Little jam with Niko (guitarist of Bertrude). Fun fact, drums are recorded with only one room mic. I added bass and another guitar at home, and put a little line of vocals on it. Niko would be mad at me, he likes his guitars super dry, I added a big delay on it...

I said there will be loud guitars, I can assure you it was Loud when we played that live. smile

Hope you guys will like it. I really do.

Rock!

January 27, 2020 2:15 am

11/10 very cool.

January 27, 2020 4:09 am

Awww yeah!! Ça rock solide!! C'est comme tu disais, les drums sortent ultra même avec un seul mic! J'aime le delay sur la guit moi aussi hehehe

January 27, 2020 9:47 pm

The guitars are certainly doing some excellent speaking, but I like the vocals, too.  Love the "in the room" feel of this.  It's raw in just the right way.

January 27, 2020 10:32 pm

So raw! love it smile

January 28, 2020 5:39 pm
Steevo wrote:

11/10 very cool.

Thanks Steeve! Rock!

Gab Manette wrote:

Merci!

CosmicCairns wrote:

theemeraldruby wrote:

So raw! love it smile

Thanks! Yes, at first it was one guit, one amp closed miked, one drum with one room mic (loads of bleed), then added guit 2, bass, vocals, delay on guitars (and a little on drums), not much else was done. Almost no EQ, little bit of compression.

Thanks for listening!

January 30, 2020 3:36 am

Wow, this is powerful.  WAY better with the delay, Niko needs to get over it wink

What mic did you use for the drums?  Sounds really nice!  I'm trying to do a room mic + kick drum set up for my drumming.

Cheers!

January 30, 2020 1:16 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks! It is a neat worker bee (a Chinese made large diaphragm condenser 1" I think). It is a decently big room, very hi ceiling. Mic was pretty far from drums (maybe 12' (4 meters)). I did duplicate the track, put a hi q 50hz boost to enhance the kick. I send drums to delay as well (just a touch). N.B. I find it "easier" to get a decent drum sound with only one mic then with close mic on everything cause I tend to mess up the sound trying to shape every sources, especially compression that can be a bitch.

Happy recording!

January 30, 2020 2:51 pm

This is awesome. I wish I were -dating- Meg White, but that's another story - very impressed you did this how you did.

January 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Nice dingy atmosphere, all that's missing is the delay on the vocals.

January 31, 2020 12:02 am

Crunchy! Tasty jam. Pleasant drive home after work with this on smile

February 12, 2020 5:31 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Agreed! Raw is a perfect way to describe this. Sometimes over production can take away from the feel of the song. Well done djippy!