Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

SHELVES

By dj someguy on June 5, 2016 7:27 pm

My version of Brussels' summer: humid heat and then a majestic thunderstorm.
All made in Ableton this time, ended up using quite a lot of distortion ...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 6, 2016 4:08 pm

Very impressive piece of techno - like smile

Progresses along really nicely - nice ending too.

June 6, 2016 4:20 pm
GrainBastard wrote:

Very impressive piece of techno - like smile

Progresses along really nicely - nice ending too.


aw ... thank you so much smile

June 6, 2016 4:47 pm

The rhythmic breathing is a fantastic element, have to try that! Overall impressive.

June 6, 2016 9:30 pm

Very nice track, love the breath sound as rhythmic elements!

June 7, 2016 8:37 am
Jim Wood wrote:

The rhythmic breathing is a fantastic element, have to try that! Overall impressive.


That's so nice to hear.
yeah, don't know why I did that breathing thing, and probably I should've recorded it again, so that it was more in sync with the rhythm, but I also think it works quite well.

June 7, 2016 8:39 am
Plantrain wrote:

Very nice track, love the breath sound as rhythmic elements!


Thanks man!
I felt a little bit like a pervert breathing so heavily behind my computer. wink But all for the art, right wink

June 7, 2016 2:07 pm

Normally I would be like "meh, not my thing" except this was totally my type of thing.  Nice work.

June 7, 2016 2:38 pm
Edmund Snyder wrote:

Normally I would be like "meh, not my thing" except this was totally my type of thing.  Nice work.


hahaha! Love this comment! thanks!

June 7, 2016 2:45 pm

June 10, 2016 4:28 am

Great use of the breathing and I always like your hihats, crisp and snappy, really liked the build up as each new element is introduced

June 10, 2016 6:35 pm

I love when those cymbals came in. It was the perfect time for them to come in! Holy smokes this is the perfect mixture of club and experimental jam. I really felt like I was on a journey through Brussels. There was a repeating and delayed quarter note that kept on being repeated, but evolved in sound every time it was played; that section was great man!

June 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Great build up, excellent synth textures

June 11, 2016 12:21 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Great use of the breathing and I always like your hihats, crisp and snappy, really liked the build up as each new element is introduced


Thank you for the kind words!

June 11, 2016 12:21 pm
Oso Feo wrote:

I love when those cymbals came in. It was the perfect time for them to come in! Holy smokes this is the perfect mixture of club and experimental jam. I really felt like I was on a journey through Brussels. There was a repeating and delayed quarter note that kept on being repeated, but evolved in sound every time it was played; that section was great man!


aw man .... awesome comment! Makes me so happy smile

June 11, 2016 12:22 pm
m2K7 wrote:

Great build up, excellent synth textures


muchos gracias! smile Much appreciated!

June 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Love the whole feel of the drums and percussion.  The slow sort of build up with the pulsing beat is a nice contrast too.  Nice job!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up