Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Apea Thersok

By Devieus on January 5, 2020 8:29 pm

It writes its own drums now. There's no stopping it, it's only week 1 and already it's pretty amazing. Even the titles are epic.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
January 6, 2020 12:05 am

It grows yikes Great stuff!

January 6, 2020 12:07 am

Gald to see you back again, Devieus. What language are you using to turn your LMMS project into a rhythm automata?

January 6, 2020 12:35 am

Ah nice, I missed this!

January 6, 2020 1:45 am
Mortistar wrote:

It grows yikes Great stuff!


Giving it plenty of water makes it grow nice and tall.

laguna wrote:

Gald to see you back again, Devieus. What language are you using to turn your LMMS project into a rhythm automata?


Python. LMMS projects are secretly XML in disguise, so I'm just giving it the things it needs in the order it needs them.

Gab Manette wrote:

Ah nice, I missed this!


Me too.

January 6, 2020 12:21 pm

very very baroque to my ears. nice.

January 6, 2020 11:01 pm

wait you have like two week ones wow, I like this one

January 6, 2020 11:38 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

very very baroque to my ears. nice.


There are many ways to describe it, I like this one.

orangedrink wrote:

wait you have like two week ones wow, I like this one


Yes, I and a few others submitted on 29th December so now we have two. This one is definitely better, or maybe it shouldn't be because I had less involvement in this one.

January 11, 2020 9:08 pm

It feels very happy and upbeat to me.  Kind of gets my toe tapping at any rate. 

January 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Wow nice. Does the generator evolve by itself the more you use it?

January 12, 2020 11:59 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

It feels very happy and upbeat to me.  Kind of gets my toe tapping at any rate.


Luck of the draw

cuebane wrote:

Wow nice. Does the generator evolve by itself the more you use it?


It's not based on machine learning, I'm programming the whole thing by hand. I suppose I could do unsupervised learning, but that'd require way more work for maybe similar results, so I'd rather go with my own knowledge of music theory on this.

January 13, 2020 12:23 am
Devieus wrote:
CosmicCairns wrote:

It feels very happy and upbeat to me.  Kind of gets my toe tapping at any rate.


Luck of the draw

cuebane wrote:

Wow nice. Does the generator evolve by itself the more you use it?


It's not based on machine learning, I'm programming the whole thing by hand. I suppose I could do unsupervised learning, but that'd require way more work for maybe similar results, so I'd rather go with my own knowledge of music theory on this.

Oh cool! Im quite Illiterate when it comes to generators, thanks for sharing. smile

January 13, 2020 10:45 am

Adorable.

January 16, 2020 2:58 pm

I enjoyed the happy rhythm of the drums. 

January 16, 2020 8:46 pm
Ryan wrote:

Adorable.


It loves you back.

Tone Matrix wrote:

I enjoyed the happy rhythm of the drums.


The drums are definitely the best part of the generator.

February 9, 2020 8:18 pm

These square waves are doing something for me.

February 9, 2020 8:26 pm
license wrote:

These square waves are doing something for me.

Square waves are the best waves.

February 26, 2020 11:55 am

Nice!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up