Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / demonzor's music / when i die, water my grass

when i die, water my grass

By demonzor on June 21, 2020 11:40 pm

Another speedy Sunday for y'all.  Hope everybody who celebrates is enjoying their Father's Day weekend.  It's been a busy weekend so i worked on this this morning and was able to touch it up just in time. 

No real direction with this... "eh ill wing it" was the phrase of the morning

enjoy!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 22, 2020 12:57 am

I bet your family would fucking hate you if you just had your will leave everything to a landscaping company to pay for lawn care for the next 50 to 100 years or so depending on how much wealth you accumulate throughout your life.  Just saying.

Another awesome one day song man.  Cool ass lyrics, really digging your writing style.  The hard panned vocals at the end are sweet too.  Really intense way to end it.

June 22, 2020 1:28 am

wow, nice vocals! super good

June 22, 2020 2:33 am

How did you record this guitar? I really love how thick it is. Good job on this track again.

June 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Big fan of the stutter style drums in the beginning and the lyrics are legit. SZN BABY!

June 22, 2020 6:20 pm

wow more vocals!  you've definitely got a talent for writing lyrics; i can't come up with shit.  cool track

June 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Nice track and tasty guitar tone.

June 24, 2020 1:18 am

Holy shit. Super impressed by the vocals on this track man! Were the vocals "winged" too??

June 24, 2020 1:20 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

I bet your family would fucking hate you if you just had your will leave everything to a landscaping company to pay for lawn care for the next 50 to 100 years or so depending on how much wealth you accumulate throughout your life.  Just saying.

Another awesome one day song man.  Cool ass lyrics, really digging your writing style.  The hard panned vocals at the end are sweet too.  Really intense way to end it.

. If my family were a bunch of assholes I’d highly consider leaving only a landscape company in my will for the money;  fortunately they’re good people.   God damn, I’d be able to get my grass cut for like a month! 

Thanks man,  I didn’t really have a melody for the end so decided to keep hitting record on it and see what came about.  I had a lot of fun recording the end

mikememo wrote:

wow, nice vocals! super good

thanks bb

djippy wrote:

How did you record this guitar? I really love how thick it is. Good job on this track again.

thanks!  Honestly, it’s all direct input using the guitar rig 5 program. I have a custom tone derived from their preset of a Jimi Hendrix Tone called, I think, LITTLE WING, that I’ve tweaked out a bit to get that cleaner/reverb tone I use in a lot of my “cleaner” songs.  The second half is a heavy distortion preset I’ve made that I just play the major/minors chords descending while I play octave chords ascending to follow.  Nothing crazy!

Jokinen wrote:

Big fan of the stutter style drums in the beginning and the lyrics are legit. SZN BABY!

thanks dude.  Just turned the swing up a little, and did some hold ALT movements to the snares and kicks to give it a more live/sloppy timing

coreytrev0r wrote:

wow more vocals!  you've definitely got a talent for writing lyrics; i can't come up with shit.  cool track

. Lyrics took like 10 minutes honestly....I’ve come to realize that if I don’t try putting vocals to these sort of stale guitar tracks I’ve been making that they would be pretty boring to listen to...intro guitar I guess is pleasant alone but the end would be bland with no vocals

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Nice track and tasty guitar tone.

Thanks for the listen!

Saucey-dough wrote:

Holy shit. Super impressed by the vocals on this track man! Were the vocals "winged" too??

thanks dude, yeah I winged the shit out of em.  Just kinda had a topic to run with, and did my normal “sing along kinda with the melody of the guitar”  to knock out the first 1/2 , and for the second I kinda knew I wanted to do something SNOOZE would do, because that’s about all I’ve been listening to the last two weeks.  My original idea was to do a SNOOZE ripoff song, but the guitar work and timing they use in their songs would have been way too hard to come up with in 24 hours.  Soon....

June 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Not if I die first.

Nice stuff man.

June 24, 2020 6:59 pm
demonzor wrote:


djippy wrote:

How did you record this guitar? I really love how thick it is. Good job on this track again.

thanks!  Honestly, it’s all direct input using the guitar rig 5 program. I have a custom tone derived from their preset of a Jimi Hendrix Tone called, I think, LITTLE WING, that I’ve tweaked out a bit to get that cleaner/reverb tone I use in a lot of my “cleaner” songs.  The second half is a heavy distortion preset I’ve made that I just play the major/minors chords descending while I play octave chords ascending to follow.  Nothing crazy!

And I am mistaken to think it is a neck humbucker?

June 24, 2020 7:30 pm
djippy wrote:
demonzor wrote:


djippy wrote:

How did you record this guitar? I really love how thick it is. Good job on this track again.

thanks!  Honestly, it’s all direct input using the guitar rig 5 program. I have a custom tone derived from their preset of a Jimi Hendrix Tone called, I think, LITTLE WING, that I’ve tweaked out a bit to get that cleaner/reverb tone I use in a lot of my “cleaner” songs.  The second half is a heavy distortion preset I’ve made that I just play the major/minors chords descending while I play octave chords ascending to follow.  Nothing crazy!

And I am mistaken to think it is a neck humbucker?

I use the switch position 2 Of 5 ( neck and middle) mostly with my rhythm to rid the hum, but I’m pretty sure this 2004 fender strat MIM has the single-coil stock alnico Vs still in them   

June 29, 2020 11:30 pm

Cool mix of styles and vibes across the song. Jazzy at times and then straight on rocking. I like the staggered vocals.  Nice work! You are the Major Tom for 2020!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up