Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / danju's music / Practice makes close to perfect

Practice makes close to perfect

By danju on November 15, 2020 11:47 pm

A fun little message to myself

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 16, 2020 12:46 am

That was a fun journey through different genres.  I liked the spoken word part a lot, too.  Great idea for a track!

November 16, 2020 2:16 am

This is really cool. Would work so well as a fun interlude in the middle of an album. smile

November 16, 2020 8:12 am

Thank you for this sophisticated lesson. I like that idea of bringing another level of information into a song. The piano and the beats are standing alone for their quality. Very well done.

November 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Very nice and smooth pianos and beat. Fun story about the process.

November 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Awesome concept and very well executed! Reminded me of that album from Art Of Noise: The Seduction of Claude Debussy.

November 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Damn, this is very interesting/cool. Great job!

November 17, 2020 8:55 pm

This was actually really inspiring and a truly original piece of artistic expression. I also relate to it a lot, like you were able to verbalize the feelings and thoughts a lot of creators feel when they're writing. In an effort to sound original, I too just kind of mash together as many of my inspirations as possible and hope that the results sound like an authentic expression and not a hodgepodge of unrelated ideas. So yeah, this was really cool. Be proud of this one.

November 19, 2020 6:36 pm

A strong message. Sometimes it's best to branch out a bit and bring home what you've discovered.

I think a lot of us relate.

November 20, 2020 12:32 am

Ah that track was very cool. I like its meta aspect, and the tone of the explanation is pitch perfect, it's like a documentary. I loved it.

November 20, 2020 2:28 am

Super soothing intro that made me feel like I was starting a satisfying lesson on tape.  The individual genre changes that still incorporate the piano are really interesting. Really creative and awesome track. Well done!

November 21, 2020 3:40 am

dude i love this, this is great. east coat and lo fi beat were killer and the speak n spell vocal is a great narative.

November 22, 2020 5:34 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

That was a fun journey through different genres.  I liked the spoken word part a lot, too.  Great idea for a track!

hent03 wrote:

This is really cool. Would work so well as a fun interlude in the middle of an album. smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

Thank you for this sophisticated lesson. I like that idea of bringing another level of information into a song. The piano and the beats are standing alone for their quality. Very well done.

djippy wrote:

Very nice and smooth pianos and beat. Fun story about the process.

ViridianLoom wrote:

This was actually really inspiring and a truly original piece of artistic expression. I also relate to it a lot, like you were able to verbalize the feelings and thoughts a lot of creators feel when they're writing. In an effort to sound original, I too just kind of mash together as many of my inspirations as possible and hope that the results sound like an authentic expression and not a hodgepodge of unrelated ideas. So yeah, this was really cool. Be proud of this one.

Devieus wrote:

A strong message. Sometimes it's best to branch out a bit and bring home what you've discovered.

I think a lot of us relate.

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Ah that track was very cool. I like its meta aspect, and the tone of the explanation is pitch perfect, it's like a documentary. I loved it.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Super soothing intro that made me feel like I was starting a satisfying lesson on tape.  The individual genre changes that still incorporate the piano are really interesting. Really creative and awesome track. Well done!

franky wrote:

dude i love this, this is great. east coat and lo fi beat were killer and the speak n spell vocal is a great narative.


Really appreciate the listen everyone! Had a good time making it as well

November 25, 2020 2:59 am

The life of learning. Favorite part was the West Coast gang sign and crip walk comment hahaha. I died laughing.

November 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Yes, indeed it does! Nice piano. Cool sample. Like the change up ... First beat drop is super tasty, got me. Great change ups happening. Nice work!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up