WeeklyBeats.com / Music / coreytrev0r's music / Non Official Cover Patriot Pt.2

Non Official Cover Patriot Pt.2

By coreytrev0r on April 26, 2020 9:48 pm

This is a rough sample of what I wanted to do with this song.  I didn't have much time to work this week.  I tracked everything this morning and put it all together this afternoon.  It's short and simple.

You may hear random noises throughout the song. It seems like every time I tried to record something, someone (my wife) or something (my dog) would make some sort of noise.  It was frustrating to say the least.  I tracked all this while my wife took the dog for a walk.

April 27, 2020 1:30 am

Simple is beautiful. Great vocals, it sounds really good.

April 27, 2020 8:35 pm

Wow, a great song, great vocals, great story. I loved it.

April 28, 2020 12:51 am

intro melody of guitar is perfect, and you nailed the harmonies.  love the continuation of the story

April 28, 2020 3:14 am
djippy wrote:

Simple is beautiful. Great vocals, it sounds really good.

I agree with djippy 100%, the simplicity of this is great.  It reminds me of Connor Oberst both in terms of song writing and vocal style.  Awesome lyrics on this too, they really make you want to listen closely.

April 28, 2020 6:54 am

nice vocal harmonies

April 28, 2020 3:52 pm

This is your wheelhouse man. Just like our nights out...Whether its a bonfire or chilling in the driveway. I always appreciate this type of song from you. You've translated it perfectly to a recording to recreate that appreciation I get from hearing you sing live. Well done.

April 28, 2020 4:29 pm
djippy wrote:

Simple is beautiful. Great vocals, it sounds really good.

mikememo wrote:

Wow, a great song, great vocals, great story. I loved it.

demonzor wrote:

Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it.

Chrisfoo wrote:
djippy wrote:

Simple is beautiful. Great vocals, it sounds really good.

Thanks man!  That's a really nice compliment.  Conor was definitely one of my early influences.

zirafa wrote:

nice vocal harmonies

thanks!

Saucey-dough wrote:

Wow, thanks Sauce that means a lot.  thanks for listening

April 28, 2020 4:46 pm

a very touching song. it has depth. very well done

April 29, 2020 7:59 am

This sounds great. I like the sound of the guitars that is not too sophisticated and adds a feeling of reality/rawness. Great voice too. Cool song!

April 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

a very touching song. it has depth. very well done

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

April 30, 2020 1:47 am

absolutely beautiful.  very inspiring.

April 30, 2020 6:54 pm
orangedrink wrote:

absolutely beautiful.  very inspiring.

Thanks for listening.  I'm glad you liked it.  very kind compliments, thank you.

May 1, 2020 3:13 pm

Loove how clear every instrument is, it sounds huge together because of how much space there is too. Love the vocal harmonies. Top notch.

May 1, 2020 5:16 pm
hieme wrote:

Thanks, hieme!  I wasn't expecting much reaction to such a simple song but I really appreciate the compliments big_smile

May 3, 2020 2:31 pm

Clever, tricking the family to make a song.

Really digging the simplicity. Well done.

May 3, 2020 10:32 pm
Devieus wrote:

Clever, tricking the family to make a song.

Really digging the simplicity. Well done.

Thanks, Devieus, glad you liked it.  I'm operating under these restrictions until further notice so we'll see how it goes.  This morning I made my wife turn off the wash machine for an hour while I tracked some vocals.