Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Goodbye

By coreytrev0r on February 23, 2020 10:20 pm

If last week was phoning it in, I have no idea what this is called.  I didn't have any time this week.  I made this in two hours this afternoon.  Not really my normal style.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 24, 2020 12:11 am

Straight up cool. Not your normal style but you made it worthwhile.

February 24, 2020 12:27 am

This is sweet as hell man.  The distorted guitar tone mixed with the keys is fantastic, and the feedback when the distortion first kicks in, than later kicks off is 100% clutch

February 24, 2020 12:47 am

Very dark Love this bro! Good work this week Piano and guitar Complement each other well!

February 24, 2020 1:47 am

Powerful. The main piano is great. Both drums sounds are working super good and mix is super punchy. Excellent.

February 24, 2020 1:50 am

Dude this is cool as shit, that’s so wild that you put this together so quickly.  The heavy part is so legit.

February 24, 2020 4:09 pm

The distortion pass like a sudden thunderstorm is pretty effective!

February 24, 2020 4:33 pm
Jokinen wrote:

Straight up cool. Not your normal style but you made it worthwhile.

Thanks brotha.  I opened up a blank FL Studio project at about 2:00 PM and this is what I came up with.  Definitely changed it up from my normal style but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

demonzor wrote:

This is sweet as hell man.  The distorted guitar tone mixed with the keys is fantastic, and the feedback when the distortion first kicks in, than later kicks off is 100% clutch


Thanks, bubs.  I started out with just the piano and was gonna do some bullshit layering of guitars and shit on it but decided to take it a different direction.

Joelfern808 wrote:

Very dark Love this bro! Good work this week Piano and guitar Complement each other well!


Thanks, Joel.  Glad you liked it.

February 24, 2020 4:35 pm
djippy wrote:

Powerful. The main piano is great. Both drums sounds are working super good and mix is super punchy. Excellent.


Thanks, djippy.  Like I said earlier, didn't spend too much time on this but I'm happy with how it came out.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Dude this is cool as shit, that’s so wild that you put this together so quickly.  The heavy part is so legit.


Thanks man, that means a lot.  I wasn't too sure about the heavy part but apparently it worked out well.

Gab Manette wrote:

The distortion pass like a sudden thunderstorm is pretty effective!


That's a cool way to describe it, thanks!  Glad you like it.

February 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Super cool song, the distortion is so good, so is that chord progression

February 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Not the song I expected when hearing the piano intro! That's distortion on overdrive on fuzz is slamming!

February 25, 2020 1:51 am

I agree with everyone here. That distortion just punches you in the face. Very cool. The contrast going from the distortion to clean guitar is so well done.

February 25, 2020 4:26 am

Ahahahahahhahah fuck. Way to go man. Type of song that just knocks you out your rocker.

February 25, 2020 7:37 pm
mikememo wrote:

Super cool song, the distortion is so good, so is that chord progression


Thanks.  The distortion is a combination of a Serum preset and the Telecaster -> Ibanez Tube Screamer -> Fender Super Champ X2.  The vocals were intentionally muffled with Fruity Blood Overdrive and a couple of other plugins.


NWSPR wrote:

Not the song I expected when hearing the piano intro! That's distortion on overdrive on fuzz is slamming!


Thanks dude!  I'm pretty happy with the way the distortion turned out.



Saucey-dough wrote:

I agree with everyone here. That distortion just punches you in the face. Very cool. The contrast going from the distortion to clean guitar is so well done.


Thanks, Sauce.  Glad you liked it.  Punching distortion...I'll take it!


ngineer wrote:

Ahahahahahhahah fuck. Way to go man. Type of song that just knocks you out your rocker.


Appreciate it!  This isn't really in line with the style I've been making over the past couple of weeks; glad it knocked you off your rocker!  I hope to make more like this in the future.

February 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Get that piano into ya, lovely. Didn't expect that switchup, but damn does it work nicely. Kind of fun to hear the contrast between the distortion buzzing and the piano.

February 26, 2020 10:13 pm

February 26, 2020 11:30 pm
hieme wrote:

Get that piano into ya, lovely. Didn't expect that switchup, but damn does it work nicely. Kind of fun to hear the contrast between the distortion buzzing and the piano.

Thanks!  This song comes from a pretty conflicted place.  My best friend is moving thousands of miles away out of the country for work.  On one hand I'm happy for him; on the other I'm saddened.  I tried to convey that in this song.  The lyrics are basically me mumbling goodbye to him.


Ipaghost wrote:

Bye, indeed.  Goodbye

February 28, 2020 5:39 pm

I'd call it improv. You could definitely do worse than improv.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up