WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Chrisfoo's music / What did I just listen to?

What did I just listen to?

By Chrisfoo on June 14, 2020 10:48 pm

And why??

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

June 15, 2020 12:14 am

I don't know what I just listened to, but it certainly took an unexpected turn!  Some wild crazy sounds in there.  I really dug the main theme as well.  It had a nice mellow groove.  But the insanity was awesome, too.

June 15, 2020 12:21 am

super weird (in a good way) and really interesting n' cool.  It's surprising how smoothly the guitar mixes with the electronic.  the glitches in this are also trippy as hell;  id be scared to listen to this on a psychedelic, but i would be up to the challenge. favorite part is when everything cuts out a little after halfway thru, then everything comes hitting hard all together.   nice work Foo

June 15, 2020 1:21 am

Well that was unexpected in more ways than one. I had a good time listening to this. smile

June 15, 2020 1:43 am

Damn, you are getting me somewhere else. The contrast with the smooth intro and glitches, noises is great. Really like the track.

June 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Damn dude. This is organized chaos, and I love it.

June 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Because it was good, thats why.

June 15, 2020 6:53 pm

When the contrast between the smooth piano and the edgy glitches comes in full throttle at 1:13....I felt that

June 15, 2020 11:56 pm

This is great, dude. Very creative and fun to listen to.

June 16, 2020 12:33 am

The piano grabbed me from the start! And then it's a Mr. Toads wild ride of crazy filtering and processing. I like when the two merge with screaming processed signals flying above the piano. Cool trip!

June 16, 2020 12:40 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

demonzor wrote:

Reilly Farrell wrote:

djippy wrote:

Jokinen wrote:

Damn dude. This is organized chaos, and I love it.

Saucey-dough wrote:

Because it was good, thats why.

danju wrote:

mikememo wrote:

This is great, dude. Very creative and fun to listen to.

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks dudes!  When in doubt, get weird.

June 16, 2020 1:57 am

Haha this awesome and so unexpected. The piano is very nice and then things go down the rabbit hole. smile

June 17, 2020 12:40 am

Love the melody. The effects and trip were a nice change to the track as it progressed. I'm pretty sure that's the sound I hear when I'm trying to sleep, but someone leaves the t.v. on too loud.

June 17, 2020 1:41 am

Dig the groove on this, nice piano and I like where this goes!

June 17, 2020 8:43 am

Really the great questions we all have to deal with in our time.

In my opinion they're not as important as the question of whether it was enjoyable.

It was.

June 19, 2020 4:10 pm

First off the piano chords sound so solid.  The piano and bass really keep the track together even when it goes down the rabbit hole (which i think coulda been the title too).  This was super creative and took me happily by surprise.  Nice work!

June 22, 2020 1:20 am

haha YES! Often theres a correlation between weirdness and goodness big_smile
Almost mars volta-ish in parts, but with piano hehe

June 22, 2020 3:01 am
Kedbreak136 wrote:

Anon_Buster wrote:

miraclemiles wrote:

Dig the groove on this, nice piano and I like where this goes!

Devieus wrote:

Really the great questions we all have to deal with in our time.

It was.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Simon Koehn wrote:

haha YES! Often theres a correlation between weirdness and goodness big_smile
Almost mars volta-ish in parts, but with piano hehe

Thanks guys, glad you liked the weirdness!  After writing that opening melody part and failing to be able to develop it for months I had to say fuck it and shred it apart with plugins.