Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Chrisfoo's music / Thinking about those beans

Thinking about those beans

By Chrisfoo on August 2, 2020 6:34 pm

Really wishing I had time to do a little more with this one, but had another busy weekend so this is where I left it for now.  Maybe I'll put out a v2 later.  Most of the synths in here were from the free version of Reason Rack that I downloaded a couple weeks ago.  You can get some really cheesy/fun sounds on those synths, lots of fun.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
August 3, 2020 12:25 am

Nice vibes. Bass line works good.

August 3, 2020 12:25 am

Awesome track all around. Everything about those vocal harmonies is especially cool: the way they sustain and clash with the changing harmonies beneath, the rising tremolo effect, everything. Nice work!

August 3, 2020 12:37 am

The synths have a nice groovy feel to them and the vocals are sweet.  Really like the little effect at the end of the vocals the first time.  It sounded like it was there a little bit the second time but it kind of faded out on that part.  But overall awesome track.  And now I'm thinking about those beans.

August 3, 2020 4:49 am

I like the bass with the slight fuzz, it really propels the track. The pad layers add a really nice touch, as do the backvocals woohoo.

August 3, 2020 4:24 pm

Bush's beans never sounded so chill. I usually pass them up due to sugar content and taking like a can of food made for people without tastebuds, but maybe I'll give them a listen some other time.

August 3, 2020 7:36 pm

Great bass groove here, and that's a wonderful reverb vocal. Now I'm thinking about those beans, too.

August 3, 2020 8:40 pm

Aw man, I remember the good ol' Reason days. It was fun patching things smile Nice work on the track, it's super fun!

August 3, 2020 9:42 pm

great sounds man, i can really feel vocal hooks within those synth melodies.  great ohhhhhhs , and that bassline is smooth and infectious as hell

August 4, 2020 3:43 am

August 4, 2020 6:59 pm

I would be into this as snowboarding video game character select screen music

Ipaghost wrote:

I came here to post that, dang it, I can't beat the master

August 6, 2020 12:24 pm

Amazing work. I don't know what the title's about, but the song is great.

August 7, 2020 1:34 pm

Excellent vocals once again.  The bassline is super catchy with the drums.  Had me shaker-ing along smile

August 7, 2020 4:30 pm

Lmao great title. Nice work on those vocal effects! Overall this is such a fun listen, I like this blend of instruments a lot.

August 9, 2020 11:44 pm

Wow, great vocal layers really make the track! I like the tight electronic drum sound. Lots of snap! The vocal chorus is really tops though. Makes the track!

August 10, 2020 4:43 am
djippy wrote:

Nice vibes. Bass line works good.

Thanks!

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Awesome track all around. Everything about those vocal harmonies is especially cool: the way they sustain and clash with the changing harmonies beneath, the rising tremolo effect, everything. Nice work!

Thanks Reilly.  Haha, yeah I definitely feel like I've been overdoing that tremolo thing lately though.

CosmicCairns wrote:

The synths have a nice groovy feel to them and the vocals are sweet.  Really like the little effect at the end of the vocals the first time.  It sounded like it was there a little bit the second time but it kind of faded out on that part.  But overall awesome track.  And now I'm thinking about those beans.

Thanks!  Yeah I intended to have that effect on the 2nd instance but I must have messed up something with the automation. 

Kedbreak136 wrote:

I like the bass with the slight fuzz, it really propels the track. The pad layers add a really nice touch, as do the backvocals woohoo.

Thanks man.  Yeah I'm really digging that Reason bass.  Not bad for a free plugin.

Anon_Buster wrote:

Bush's beans never sounded so chill. I usually pass them up due to sugar content and taking like a can of food made for people without tastebuds, but maybe I'll give them a listen some other time.

Thats how they get you though.  You may not want them again right away, but at some point, you'll be thinking about them.

onezero wrote:

Great bass groove here, and that's a wonderful reverb vocal. Now I'm thinking about those beans, too.

Thanks!

Mission Crossing wrote:

Aw man, I remember the good ol' Reason days. It was fun patching things smile Nice work on the track, it's super fun!

Yeah, I never had Reason but definitely got a taste of nostalgia when I loaded it up from when I used to use it at a friends way back when.  Super excited they were giving that away for free (or at least for the low low price of an eternity of spam). Thanks man, glad you liked this!

demonzor wrote:

great sounds man, i can really feel vocal hooks within those synth melodies.  great ohhhhhhs , and that bassline is smooth and infectious as hell

Thanks man!  And funny you should mention it, the synth lead was actually a place holder for a vocal melody but I didnt have time to write lyrics or record vocals.

Ipaghost wrote:

I'm liking all the talk of beans lately.

orangedrink wrote:

I would be into this as snowboarding video game character select screen music

Ipaghost wrote:

I came here to post that, dang it, I can't beat the master

Ha!  Yeah I could see this in like Cool Boarders back in the day.

Devieus wrote:

Amazing work. I don't know what the title's about, but the song is great.

Thanks!  The title is just about beans.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Excellent vocals once again.  The bassline is super catchy with the drums.  Had me shaker-ing along smile

Thanks man!  Haha, yeah this song was just begging for some shaker.

hieme wrote:

Lmao great title. Nice work on those vocal effects! Overall this is such a fun listen, I like this blend of instruments a lot.

Thanks Hieme!  Yeah this one was super fun to write.  Very effortless, it all just flowed out.  Love those.

NWSPR wrote:

Wow, great vocal layers really make the track! I like the tight electronic drum sound. Lots of snap! The vocal chorus is really tops though. Makes the track!

Awesome man, glad you liked it!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up