Song for Joy #4

By brian botkiller on January 24, 2018 4:20 am

This one is a little fast, this week, due to my needing to travel to the NAMM show this weekend. A trippy slow jam in Ableton Live, this one was inspired by a picture of myself and my wife that means a lot to me. As I move forward, I am finding different ways to drive my songs, things that inspire me, and such, by looking back at photos of the two of us.

Enjoy, and thanks!

January 29, 2018 3:19 am

Hope you had fun at NAMM.  Were you working the show?

The warbly echoes kind of feel like being lost in thought.  The kick drum made me think of a heart beat.  Then BOOM bring on the breakbeats.

January 29, 2018 4:57 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Hope you had fun at NAMM.  Were you working the show?

I was there for meetings, I work with a lot of businesses in the industry with my company, OBEDIA. I have worked the show floor, but I have very little interest in it, as it's hard to make connections with people.

Thank you for the great comment!

January 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Like the organic swells / waves!

February 2, 2018 10:52 pm

The choppy stuff and the wavy stuff create an awkward discord; taken alone it would've been better.

February 3, 2018 11:24 pm

interesting! i dig the industrial-ambient tensions, breaking out of genres