Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / WeeklyBeats 2018 #15

WeeklyBeats 2018 #15

By antler on April 15, 2018 11:12 am

This week I wanted to do a shorter track, because I need to prepare for BITGRID V next week. As usual though, the track ended up being over 3 mins, because it simply felt unfinished otherwise. It's crazy to think I had problems with reaching the 2 minute mark in the past. smile

You totally don't hear it anymore, but this track started out with me being inspired by TriAngles' track from week 14 (https://weeklybeats.com/tri+angles/music/wb18_14). Really digged the start/stop feel of those rhythms.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
April 16, 2018 2:02 am

Those lil riffs at the beginning almost sound like synthesized speech, very cool what you've done with bends in this one. Sometimes I have to take a step back because the fact that this is all LSDJ is absolutely mental. Great tune!

April 16, 2018 10:50 am

Someday, I will also be able to make 3 minute songs.

Great job.

April 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Your composition is soo good man heart I think this one might be my favourite of yours, this quick tempo and the rhythms complement each other incredibly well!

April 16, 2018 4:11 pm

SICK CHUNAGE! definitely favorited

April 16, 2018 5:26 pm

That lead, chock-full of tasty bends is my favorite (close second is the bassline), very strong compo again smile

April 16, 2018 8:59 pm
Mortistar wrote:

Those lil riffs at the beginning almost sound like synthesized speech, very cool what you've done with bends in this one. Sometimes I have to take a step back because the fact that this is all LSDJ is absolutely mental. Great tune!


Thanks! It's basically a saw wavetable with a low-pass filter with high Q on it. Weird how uncannily close that can get to human voice sometimes, right?

Devieus wrote:

Someday, I will also be able to make 3 minute songs.

Great job.


Thanks! I'm sure you will, and probably sooner than "someday"! smile

hieme wrote:

Your composition is soo good man <3 I think this one might be my favourite of yours, this quick tempo and the rhythms complement each other incredibly well!


Ooh! Hadn't expected this one to be received THAT well! Thanks, Hieme! ^_^

strolts wrote:

SICK CHUNAGE! definitely favorited


Awesome! big_smile

Gab Manette wrote:

That lead, chock-full of tasty bends is my favorite (close second is the bassline), very strong compo again smile


Bends for my weeklybeats friends! wink Thank you!

April 17, 2018 7:32 pm

So glad I found your work and started following you.  This is totally ridiculous how you are getting all of this out of LSDJ.  You have a great ear for arrangement.

April 17, 2018 8:50 pm
orangedrink wrote:

So glad I found your work and started following you.  This is totally ridiculous how you are getting all of this out of LSDJ.  You have a great ear for arrangement.


Oh, wow smile Would you believe I think the same thing about other LSDJ artists, haha? I'm happy you're following me!

April 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Real nice! Love the noise/static sweeps.

April 18, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm always impressed by your full stereo mixes.  But the melodies and chord progression is what ties it altogether.  Well done have fun at bit grid!

April 22, 2018 3:00 pm
Chrome Owl wrote:

Real nice! Love the noise/static sweeps.


Thanks you! big_smile

Tone Matrix wrote:

I'm always impressed by your full stereo mixes.  But the melodies and chord progression is what ties it altogether.  Well done have fun at bit grid!


Just got back, it was SUCH a blast! I can only hope the stereo sounded as good in the room as it did on stage smile Thanks!

April 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Cool tune, very clean as always! Nice stereo arps smile

April 29, 2018 1:12 am

Although it's a rhythm that does not crumble, it works like a breakbeat

April 30, 2018 8:50 am
purelygrey wrote:

Cool tune, very clean as always! Nice stereo arps smile


zyuuziro wrote:

Although it's a rhythm that does not crumble, it works like a breakbeat


Yeah, I guess it kinda does! Thank you for your kind words, both of you big_smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up