Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ahhsumx's music / it's only matter

it's only matter

By ahhsumx on April 29, 2018 4:39 pm

one of my favorite things about music is including movie quotes, and i don't feel i do it enough. just having fun with this beat. mostly all samples, except for the bass, which was a virtual instrument. the drums were actually sampled from me playing an electronic drum set, but i ended up chopping it instead of using the beat i played. enjoy

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
May 1, 2018 4:46 pm

very cool chopping and sampling. I have no idea which movie quotes we have here going on.

May 1, 2018 8:24 pm

that beat is cool!
yeah movie quotes are cool. And you used them in an awesome way!
the other movie sounds are wolf,train and typewriter?

May 1, 2018 10:12 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

very cool chopping and sampling. I have no idea which movie quotes we have here going on.

thanks! i'm torn between sharing the movies sources, and keeping it secret smile


theGuen wrote:

that beat is cool!
yeah movie quotes are cool. And you used them in an awesome way!
the other movie sounds are wolf,train and typewriter?

thank you! also, you're exactly right. nice work calling out the typewriter specifically!

May 2, 2018 6:26 am

I like movie samples in music ever since Gorillaz, and the beat is nice too.

May 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Devieus wrote:

I like movie samples in music ever since Gorillaz, and the beat is nice too.

oops, sorry for missing your comment. i like some of the Gorillaz work, and I think I know the stuff you're thinking of (on Plastic Beach); glad you liked the beat too!

May 13, 2018 7:32 pm
ahhsumx wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I like movie samples in music ever since Gorillaz, and the beat is nice too.

oops, sorry for missing your comment. i like some of the Gorillaz work, and I think I know the stuff you're thinking of (on Plastic Beach); glad you liked the beat too!

More like Dracula from their first album.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up