Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Strung Out

By Tone Matrix on February 28, 2016 9:24 pm

This week had yet another snag in the creative process.  I wanted to try something slightly different using a guitar as the main instrument and it really didn't pan out the way I was hoping.  So instead I fleshed out the chords I had and Bob's someone's Uncle. I think I'm sort of stuck in the slower "depressing" groove because I'm actually feeling that way.  The faster happy tracks seem to be a bit farther down the road for me.  (Or i'll just continue making depressing music! yay!) tongue

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 29, 2016 3:26 am

I's say a nice mellow rather than depressing.

And whose uncle was Bob anyway?

February 29, 2016 8:44 am

This is the soundtrack to a bitter badass walking through an urban landscape. I'd love if the percussion was brought up just a touch. Last quarter with the ascending descending notes are epic. Very cool!

February 29, 2016 9:13 am

I hope you'll feel better soon. That being said: the music it makes you create is stunningly beautiful! Keep it up!

February 29, 2016 4:56 pm

February 29, 2016 11:33 pm

Maybe I look stupid to you but as a non-english native, I've never understood that "Bob's your uncle" expression smile

Anyway, your music had helped me through bad times, so I'm really hoping you feel better. I can certainly assure you this doesn't sound "depressing" at all: it sounds pretty and mellow.

Your music makes me happy. I mean it. Hope that counts for something

Best wishes, man

March 2, 2016 6:34 am
Nimble Cipher wrote:

This is the soundtrack to a bitter badass walking through an urban landscape. I'd love if the percussion was brought up just a touch. Last quarter with the ascending descending notes are epic. Very cool!

Yea I noticed that later on I probably could have bumped the percussion up a bit.  I like the bitter badass idea though smile Thanks!

March 2, 2016 6:36 am
laguna wrote:

Maybe I look stupid to you but as a non-english native, I've never understood that "Bob's your uncle" expression smile

Anyway, your music had helped me through bad times, so I'm really hoping you feel better. I can certainly assure you this doesn't sound "depressing" at all: it sounds pretty and mellow.

Haha I don't really know myself either, I just say it because I've watched Austin Powers one too many times smile
So when I run out of things to say or feel a brain fart coming on I just spit random movie/tv quotes out.

Your music makes me happy. I mean it. Hope that counts for something

Best wishes, man


March 2, 2016 6:38 am
Jim Wood wrote:

I's say a nice mellow rather than depressing.

And whose uncle was Bob anyway?


Thanks everyone for listening.  I guess if I ever finish a track earlier than a few hours before deadline then my description might sound a bit more positive smile  I think I'm so drained from working on the track that by the time I go to tell you something about it i'm in a dark zone. But I really appreciate everyone's input and listening. This site overall brightens my day so thanks to y'all smile

dj someguy wrote:

I hope you'll feel better soon. That being said: the music it makes you create is stunningly beautiful! Keep it up!

March 2, 2016 6:48 am
Tone Matrix wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:


DOH!

March 2, 2016 2:27 pm

It sounds beautiful. The electric piano sounds amazing and the overall sound design too. I also don't get a depressed feeling, but more of a calm and extremely comforting sadness. I believe that it is an important and good feeling wink

March 5, 2016 11:02 am

Sounds pretty mellow to me. I made the same mistake two years ago.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up