phew, did this one in one sitting, didn't really have time for polish. Here's a slightly updated version on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/leafo/hands (I tried to fix the vocals with melodyne, which I might be addicted to now, but I really don't want to use it since it breaks my linux-only workflow)
I keep saying to myself I'll spend more time on lyrics and singing but naturally I waited til' the end and only had time for one line of singing. Composition wise I think it's a mess, like most of my songs, but I still like how it turned out.
Still refining how I do vocals: using compressor mic, stood far back, and sang loud. I like the results, will definitely try this again next week.
I spent a lot more time making bass melodies on this one. Normally I do all the guitar first, then add the bass, which results in just following the root notes of the power chords. For this song I wrote the some bass parts first.
I also like the mix a lot more than the other stuff I did this year, I think I need to start reusing my presets instead of recreating them for every song, so I can get a more consistent sound. For this one I picked some device chains from previous songs.
Nothing else new from the regular workflow.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)