Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / laguna's music / Shy Boy under the silver sky

Shy Boy under the silver sky

By laguna on December 5, 2016 12:01 am

THANKS TO THE GREAT ALMIGHTY PHIL HARMONIC FOR THIS LATE UPLOAD !!!

I guess some of you could relate to me in this: I wanted to rescue and old project and some plugins and presets didn't worked as expected. Maybe it was the jump from 32 to 64 bit edition, maybe  this project used some old VST I don't forgot long ago... Whatever the reason, I thought: "I've got more than two hours 'till the deadline, so what could be wrong if I reinstall both versions in parallel?"...

Well, technically nothing went exactly wrong, but the system entered some massive selfupgrade, with both versions autoupdating and scanning the library... and it's been like hour and a half and I still can't restart Live. I'm not sure if I could make it...

Anyway... here you have a really simple ambient guitar piece. I'm not a guitarrist and these basic figures took me ages, though I'd still close my eyes and pretend I'm rocking along The Jesus and Mary Chain smile

It's maybe a little bit rough, but I think it could suit some winter days ahead...

Will be back the minute I fix this mess. Until then, have a great week...

P.S.: Could you believe it's been 49 songs already? 49 ?!?!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

December 12, 2016 1:28 am

Your playing sounds really good to me; excellent ambience.

December 12, 2016 2:16 am

Next week's the big FIVE OHH!! Loving this ambience. Many thanks for this work. Gonna help me fall asleep on time. Glad you were able to get this done in time even after two installations!

December 13, 2016 7:45 am

aaah definitely brings back the 80s for me i am waiting for the chunky beat of a sisters of mercy song or something... well done!

December 13, 2016 4:01 pm
Christian Grey wrote:

Glad you dug the vibe, Christian smile Yes, maybe my sound is way more electronic that this, but I've always had the impossible dream of having a late 80s-early 90s alternative band... ffor which I would be probably talentless.

I soon turned as a musician to sample based music, but my secret dream was always being Peter Buck from R.E.M. or fronting The Replacements smile

Thanks for listening!

December 13, 2016 4:04 pm
Alphaglitch wrote:

Well, I owe Phil Harmonic and his infinite patience for providing me an upload link less than an hour past the deadline. It was hell, really, watching the time go by and my software just "updating, please wait..."

I'm really flattered you found this relaxing enough. My favourite ambient pieces are bedtime pieces smile

December 13, 2016 4:06 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Your playing sounds really good to me; excellent ambience.

Thanks Jim. You're way too generous. I'm one of the wackest "guitarrists" on WB, if you can call what I do "playing" (place my fingers, record 9 takes for 2 bars or something, slice them on Ableton instead of learning to play them right... I'm a sample chopper at heart, sorry).

Thanks for listening and your constant feedback

December 14, 2016 9:13 am

fine fine music. the vibe hits exactly the late 90ies.

December 14, 2016 3:00 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

fine fine music. the vibe hits exactly the late 90ies.

Thanks Q-Rosh! I was aiming to that alternative scene I never lived (maybe just the people on MTV) smile

December 14, 2016 7:32 pm

This is fantastic.

December 15, 2016 11:08 am
Devieus wrote:

This is fantastic.

Thank you, man! Much appreciated smile

December 17, 2016 9:03 am

Great atmospheric guitar work, the sound brings back memories for me.

December 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Great atmos

December 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Ugh I feel your pain with the old version/upgrade problem.  I experienced that a few years ago when I decided to install the latest mac OS and then found out oh right my mbox2 is no longer supported.  Oh well got a new Scarlett 2i2 instead smile
That being said this is an excellent ambient guitar piece.  The sound reminds me a bit of New Order's guitar sound but of course nice and mellow smile