New Bedford

I would just like to say that I am glad I am hearing a lot of people playing music without a chiptune element involved. It is cool to see the variety of ways people can present a track in a community where all people think about is the bleep bloops.

Adelaide, Australia

Although I see your point I think it's unfair to say this community only thinks about bleeps and bloops. There may be a large contingent of chiptune artists within Weekly Beats - a lot of which are admirably making non-chip music (which I think is your point) - but the community as a whole is a thriving example of diversity.

Last edited by Thursdaybloom (January 17, 2012 9:20 am)

adelaide

This is not a chiptune community! Though I think that there is quite a bit of chipmusic (arguably too much - whatever that means), it must be said that there is a healthy dose of PLENTY of other stuff.

Right?

/me is struggling with chip shame

The future

chame?

/me retreats into the chamber of chip shame.

But yeah! I love the variety however I kind of write chippy stuff by default as all my synths are kinda "chip". I don't think I sound that chip though.

chicago-/-il-/-us

sorry, im sure i'll release some non-chip as part of this too, but full time job + getting ready for RPM challenge + getting a bunch of my unreleased stuff out through other means + working on video art + the redesign of my website + ... well, at the end of the week i havent got much time for weekly beats tracks and i compose faster with piggy tracker or nanoloop 2.3 than anything else, so i would rather get a track im happy with done than worry about what it is done with.. sure its much the same for many of the other people who do both chip and non-chip

Switzerland

I am also in a position similar to e.s.c's one and I would also add that, even though I play with electronic music since some time now, chipmusic is quite new to me and I dare take advantage of Weekly Beats to improve this aspect in my music.

I'm insulted.  Quite pretentious of you, OP, to think that the entire community is all about bleep-bloops.

Tacoma WA

i am rather otherwise but you still have a lot of bleeps and boops  smile

I bleep and bloop without chip. What does that mean?

VBO wrote:

I'm insulted.  Quite pretentious of you, OP, to think that the entire community is all about bleep-bloops.

Quite pretentious of you to pretend to be insulted by such an innocent remark. tongue

I very much agree, though. There are a lot of unfamiliar names here (to me as a person who usually deals with chip music).

Perth, Australia

I blorp and blarp wherever possible.

St Louis
BDR wrote:

I bleep and bloop without chip. What does that mean?

does this mean you are synthetic chip?

Cascadia

It's all chip bass'd you EEEDIOTZ!   

j/k  luv ya

Cleveland, OH

Old cooshy here pulling down the diversity with generic chip dance shit