The Wisconsin

Woah! George, thanks! I just made a run over the feature list, and buying the next step up will, for one thing, not cost to much, but it will also get me a ton more features!

St Louis

yeah, I need to upgrade from my base-price thing. but for how I use it, I can get by without the extra features. would like to start using midi though, and automation, etc.

chicago-/-il-/-us

spry: you seemed to miss the point where im saying i use magix music maker 7 still (still have my copy of 5 as well, and i seem to remember buying version 10, but i dont have it installed or see the discs, so i may have given that copy away)... my main point was that the $15 version has everything some one really needs (and to a lesser extent that their bonus content is not so much worth the price difference in versions)

Helsinki, Finland

Ableton Live is the best software Ive ever used. I rock the Limited version which can be bought for 90 bucks or it comes with many midicontrollers. Super UI, usable in live conditions and overall badass thing. I made the switch from FL to Live 2006-2007. And it has pianoroll too.

The Wisconsin

Thanks for the help guys! I just bought FL Studio Producer Edition! Saving and Recording, here I come!

St Louis

cool, glad if I could be of any help smile

Melbourne, Australia
Dwight Davis wrote:

Thanks for the help guys! I just bought FL Studio Producer Edition! Saving and Recording, here I come!

Saving rules!

CA, USA
Dwight Davis wrote:
midimachine wrote:

You can still record and plot automation as events (i.e. how automation was handled before FL 5) wink

I started using it on FL 7 or 8. I don't quite know how to do that D:

Wait you've been using demos since version 7? You should have purchased producer edition back then and received all the updates.

I've been using since FL Studio 4 and its by far been the best value for a license ever.

The only possibly better option would be a freeware app like reaper or buzz or something like that.

Dayton, Ohio

honestly, stick with fl. I think its the best. Alot people dont know how to really use it. Thats the problem, just really explore it more.

Last edited by spOOked (February 6, 2012 7:28 am)

I just found an amazing skin for FL Studio 10!!!!!
check it out here; www.nolongerproduced.com

I searched for years for something that looks decent... at last this is pretty. Just got it and its awesome...

Riverside, CA

Paying $2 for a skin? lol no

The future
streetcreep wrote:

I searched for years for something that looks decent... at last this is pretty. Just got it and its awesome...

Honestly. i think that skin is ugly, but its not the skin that matters.. or really which DAW you use. they are all pretty much the same.. i do like some of flstudio's built-in effects and the ease of the workflow, but all of the same things are possible with any of the others.

The future
streetcreep wrote:

Honestly. i think that skin is ugly, but its not the skin that matters.. or really which DAW you use. they are all pretty much the same.. i do like some of flstudio's built-in effects and the ease of the workflow, but all of the same things are possible with any of the others. I think it all boils down to which one you feel comfortable with. Which one you are used to using.

Gosford, Australia
jiffypop23 wrote:

Paying $2 for a skin? lol no

this pretty much
i'd rather use one of the defaults tbh

The future

ok. so it turns out... that streetcreep was a spammer.. i have banned him.