I wanted to add a more melodic element to my piece this week, so I decided to use Sundog Scale Studio.
I started the piece by creating an audio element to stretch in Reason. I used a series of sampled chords and placing them in the timeline. I then used 3 LeSpaces as Insert FX, and an Audiomatic into a Crapre as Master FX.
After I exported the file, I used Paulstretch to process the file.
For the melodic elements, I connected Reason to Sundog Scale Studio and experimented with different scale and chord combinations. Once I was satisfied with the results, I exported the MIDI files and placed them in Reason.
Once in Reason, I placed the stretch file into a Synchronus, then using a Decimort into a RV7000, then a LeSpace as Insert FX.
For the drums I used a Redrum, with a Decimort into a RV7000 x2 for the Insert FX. I processed the Kick drum separately, using 2 Redrum channels into a MicroMix and a Decimort into a Reverb Combi as Aux/Sends. For the pattern generation, I used two PDT2s and a Euclid.
I made a mallet percussion line using a NN-XT, loaded with New Atlantis’ PURE Marimba refill. I sent the NN-XT into two The Echo’s.
The Arp line was another NN-XT into a RV7000.
The main mixer Insert FX were an Audiomatic, a Polar and a Synchronus. For the Master FX, I used 2 Compressor Combis into an Ozone.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)