WeeklyBeats.com / Music / zlatovlas's music / Unsure in SID Forest

Unsure in SID Forest

By zlatovlas on February 4, 2018 1:52 pm

In this week I tried to make a SID version of my last submission.

The part with solo could have had drums and bass in one channel but I failed to merge it 'cause I didn't liked the result. I separated it to two channels which leaves the third channel for solo with no additional space for chord to support the structure so it feels a little bit ... detached, I guess.

Well, 3 channels limitation can be tricky smile.

Made with CheeseCutter and mastered using LANDR

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

February 5, 2018 2:29 am

snagged

February 7, 2018 1:11 pm

I think it sounds good, even without the chords! SID has such a juicy sound

February 7, 2018 4:53 pm
starpause wrote:

snagged

thanks for another one word comment starpause big_smile, it sure expand my vocabulary because I still had to find meaning in translator afterwards big_smile

purelygrey wrote:

I think it sounds good, even without the chords! SID has such a juicy sound

indeed, juicy's nice word to describe it smile. There's a 2 sid version of cheesecutter, maybe I will give it a try someday...

February 10, 2018 7:19 am

Slightly less mysterious, but still just as great. Maybe next week you can mix them together using tracks from both, and perhaps flip origins in the different sections.

February 10, 2018 10:16 am
Devieus wrote:

I agree, OPL3 version sounds more atmospheric but the solo part is not highlighted enough in my opinion. On the other side SID has less atmospheric feel but it sounds really distinctive on solo part. Maybe mix it up together to extract the asset of both could be interesting to hear.

February 13, 2018 1:37 am
zlatovlas wrote:
starpause wrote:

snagged

haha sorry i'm not too prolific but i consider wanting to keep someone's track as a high form of compliment so like letting them know when i grab it for the archive! overall i'm loving what you're up to with the classic sid vibes through contemporary mastering chain