Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Seijaku

By Wisefire on February 4, 2018 11:35 pm

Seijaku - Serenity in the midst of activity. Tranquillity in rough seas.


Life has been kicking my ass, but i must persevere. I will find my calm waters once more.


This is a remix of a small piece of a song i wrote years ago, the guitar riff was played by a good friend of mine (artist name: Growling) and i repurposed it for this track. using the audio to midi tool in Ableton, although not perfect, makes for a really human feeling midi track. The song is in the prototype stage. This is one iteration, but I might come back to it and remix it all over again.


Any and all comments are welcome! hate it? love it? feel indifferent about it? let me know!

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 12:15 am

Oh that piano is so damn crisp, loving how this track progresses, although I do think it's begging for vocals wink

February 5, 2018 12:22 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oh that piano is so damn crisp, loving how this track progresses, although I do think it's begging for vocals wink


You are absolutely right, but they're not gonna be mine wink I sing like stepping on a slug when its raining.

February 5, 2018 1:38 am

Swell!!!

February 5, 2018 1:58 am

"Life has been kicking my ass, but i must persevere."

I relate to that so much right now, man.  The mix is lovely.  Really nice track.

February 5, 2018 2:16 am
Aday wrote:

Swell!!!


Thnx, and awesome pun!! ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swell_(ocean) )

Masikus wrote:

"Life has been kicking my ass, but i must persevere."

I relate to that so much right now, man.  The mix is lovely.  Really nice track.


thank you man! In the future, we'll look back and understand journey.

February 5, 2018 2:34 am
Wisefire wrote:
Mortistar wrote:

Oh that piano is so damn crisp, loving how this track progresses, although I do think it's begging for vocals wink


You are absolutely right, but they're not gonna be mine wink I sing like stepping on a slug when its raining.


OK, granted you might not be a great singer (I'll take you at your word?), but that's a great metaphor!

Also, this track is fantastic. I dunno if it's the guitar itself, but I definitely feel like I should be in a classic RPG tavern listening to it.

February 5, 2018 4:18 am

lovely, calming track. the drums alone are so mellow and calming, can feel the stress leaving my body listening to this.

February 5, 2018 9:27 am

Wow, very interesting to hear something from you that's not raw and electronic. Like this very much! Everything fits well in the mix, the chord suspensions on the strings are killing it, just an overall well-rounded piece of music smile

If I'd add anything at all, it's melody. Either vocals, or perhaps a solo instrument (though I put solo's on pretty much everything, haha).

Wisefire wrote:

You are absolutely right, but they're not gonna be mine wink I sing like stepping on a slug when its raining.


...so your voice sounds like the Chipwrecked camping grounds?

February 5, 2018 12:20 pm

Nice tune!

February 5, 2018 1:06 pm
scottux wrote:


OK, granted you might not be a great singer (I'll take you at your word?), but that's a great metaphor!

Also, this track is fantastic. I dunno if it's the guitar itself, but I definitely feel like I should be in a classic RPG tavern listening to it.

thnx man! I do like me some metaphors! and i'd love to make music for an RPG one day.

Parallelis wrote:

lovely, calming track. the drums alone are so mellow and calming, can feel the stress leaving my body listening to this.


Awesome! my masterplan ar work! #nostress4all

antler wrote:

Wow, very interesting to hear something from you that's not raw and electronic. Like this very much! Everything fits well in the mix, the chord suspensions on the strings are killing it, just an overall well-rounded piece of music smile

If I'd add anything at all, it's melody. Either vocals, or perhaps a solo instrument (though I put solo's on pretty much everything, haha).

Ah man! high praise! thank you! it's not my usual schtick indeed, but i do like me some ambient smile Appreciate the feedback, and i am also a sucker for nice solo's! i might come back to this one in a later weeklybeats2018 week smile


antler wrote:


...so your voice sounds like the Chipwrecked camping grounds?


HAHAHAHAH, exactly like that!

Claxon wrote:

Nice tune!

thnx dude! appreciate it!

February 6, 2018 9:19 pm

Yeah this is really nice.  I agree with the earlier comments about how this could be RPG music or could also have some vocals.  I can almost hear some kind of Enya vocals.  Or, you know, the sound of soggy squished slugs.  smile

February 6, 2018 9:47 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Yeah this is really nice.  I agree with the earlier comments about how this could be RPG music or could also have some vocals.  I can almost hear some kind of Enya vocals.  Or, you know, the sound of soggy squished slugs.  smile


enya stuff is amazing! i might try to find a voice like that!

February 6, 2018 10:39 pm
Wisefire wrote:

I sing like stepping on a slug when its raining.

:-o I wanna hear your vocals now!!! i've never heard that sound before. big_smile big_smile big_smile

This track is super lovely. smile Thanks for sharing!! And you've got this - whatever's going on right now will pass, and soon you'll be on the upswing in this rollercoaster known as life. smile heart

February 9, 2018 9:41 pm

Nice work all around.

February 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Wow, I had no idea Ableton had a audio-to-MIDI feature.  I take that to mean Ableton took the guitar audio sample in the intro and converted it to MIDI notes which you then had the Piano patch play?  Nice piece.  Here's to a well-healed ass!

March 14, 2018 5:36 am

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up