Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ViridianLoom's music / Moving on from Nowhere

Moving on from Nowhere

By ViridianLoom on February 2, 2020 8:44 pm

This one is super meh.

Wasn't super inspired this week, took effort to even muster this one and I found myself not even wanting to work on it when I did. The goal was to keep it an acoustic song (to keep it simple) but then I felt it needed more to be song worthy. I was working on drums but they definitely made it worse so I omitted them altogether. So yeah, it sounds half baked but I'm ready to move on. We'll see what next week holds.

So anyways, anyone hear that new Poppy record? It's pretty dope.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 3, 2020 7:23 am

Half baked sounds a bit harsh - I think this track has some beautiful moments to it.  Definitely was surprised by the synth pad / acoustic guitar combo, they pair up nicely!

February 3, 2020 2:57 pm

Super meh????? This is beautiful! Fantastic melancholic vibes, I'm such as sucker for this style of guitar

February 3, 2020 3:01 pm
ViridianLoom wrote:

Wasn't super inspired this week, took effort to even muster this one and I found myself not even wanting to work on it when I did.
...
I'm ready to move on. We'll see what next week holds.

I think we've all been there.  I think the best you can do is just try and push something out and move on.

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Half baked sounds a bit harsh - I think this track has some beautiful moments to it.

Definitely agree with this.  The acoustic sounds absolutely beautiful; super bright and crisp.  There's still some great work here!

February 3, 2020 5:49 pm

This sounds great! Love the harmonies here.

February 4, 2020 3:11 am

I know exactly how you feel but to me, this is a real beauty! It's quite long too and took me on a bit of a narrative journey. Thanks smile

February 5, 2020 9:01 pm

Not sounding "half baked" in the slightest to me. In fact, I wouldn't put drums on this in fear of breaking the delicate ambience you built just with that wonderful guitar and the synth string touches.

The bass plays a big part in making it cohesive yet stay "invisible".

Really liked this one. Downloaded

February 6, 2020 11:06 pm

February 7, 2020 4:33 pm
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Half baked sounds a bit harsh - I think this track has some beautiful moments to it.  Definitely was surprised by the synth pad / acoustic guitar combo, they pair up nicely!

Mortistar wrote:

Super meh????? This is beautiful! Fantastic melancholic vibes, I'm such as sucker for this style of guitar

Mission Crossing wrote:

This sounds great! Love the harmonies here.

Sodabelly wrote:

I know exactly how you feel but to me, this is a real beauty! It's quite long too and took me on a bit of a narrative journey. Thanks smile

laguna wrote:

Not sounding "half baked" in the slightest to me. In fact, I wouldn't put drums on this in fear of breaking the delicate ambience you built just with that wonderful guitar and the synth string touches.

The bass plays a big part in making it cohesive yet stay "invisible".

Really liked this one. Downloaded

Ipaghost wrote:

Thank you everyone! I'm happy everyone seems to have enjoyed it. I described this one as half baked because I felt like I didn't put nearly as much time into it, didn't care that I was off tempo, hitting wrong notes, etc. I turned this one in with a "Good enough, I want to play video games" mentality haha. I do think it's not bad, just could have been so much better if I was in a better headspace I think. I was also proud of what I did last week and had this negative mentality of being unable to "top" it. I guess I kind of wanted to fail so that it would be easier to succeed in the following weeks or something. But apparently I failed at failing, thanks everyone tongue

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up