WeeklyBeats.com / Music / VBO's music / phoning it in again

VBO

phoning it in again

By VBO on April 15, 2018 11:59 pm

原曲:ネイティブフェイス

spent another hour working on last week's beat

oh well

next week new song for sure

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

April 16, 2018 12:07 am

maybe if you got off the phone you'd have time to write a song

April 16, 2018 12:07 am

also welcome to the :59 club

April 16, 2018 1:52 am
leafo wrote:

maybe if you got off the phone you'd have time to write a song

I'm just as disappointed in myself as you are in me

April 17, 2018 6:48 am

You'll get there eventually.

April 17, 2018 6:59 pm

What do you use to make your music?  I really like these chords.

leafo wrote:

maybe if you got off the phone you'd have time to write a song

DANG.

April 20, 2018 3:49 am
orangedrink wrote:

What do you use to make your music?  I really like these chords.

I use tuxguitar v1.2, which is just a free guitar tablature read/writer. All the sounds are just general MIDI. Don't use v1.3 because it sucks ass

If you're asking how I write chords I literally just punch numbers into the software until it sounds cool. I know a tiny bit of theory, like inverted chords and relative major/minors, and how to write harmonies that aren't always just 5ths over melodies, but I don't actually know my scales or the feelings of progressions, so I just sort of guess until stuff feels okay.

almost never actually write using actual instruments, which is probably why everything I write feels stale as hell to me right now