WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / Where The Waves Conspire

Where The Waves Conspire

By Tone Matrix on September 9, 2018 9:45 pm

I know this could probably use a bit more fx or percussion swooshes added but egh it's another week down tongue Moving fo-ward!  Towards the end of the week I immersed myself in ├ôlafur Arnalds' "All Strings Attached" youtube videos that showed his creative process for his latest album and how he uses special software to have two extra player pianos playing off his chords and melodies.  This track didn't really go in the direction I had planned but the ending was meant to sort of have that big reverb sound he uses with his beautiful pianos.  I wish I could get away from the usual 'muscle memory' of my piano lines sometimes.  Who knows maybe it will be a max4live device or something some day.  That or I need to practice more! smile  Thanks for listening!

September 10, 2018 2:39 am

It build up to a nice energy and then ends on a super mellow vibe kind of like a wave crashing and rolling back out.  Very nice.

September 11, 2018 8:56 pm

That is a really pretty picture.  Love the delicate sounds here.

INCREDIBLE ending.  I actually just want a full track of that, please.  How does one learn how to play/create chords/progressions like that?

September 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Nice one. Full and rich, sets a mood. Looking forward to checking out those videos you mentioned, I like Olafur.

September 13, 2018 6:13 pm

This is very relaxing, I like it.

September 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Absolutely amazing!

September 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Are those the magic SY-22 strings or a more sharp Virus version... anyway, it sounds wonderful. The reverb in the end is pure magic

September 17, 2018 5:58 pm
orangedrink wrote:

That is a really pretty picture.  Love the delicate sounds here.

Thanks so much smile  I tend to just go for what I visually remember chord wise on the keyboard.  Lots of adagios and such smile

laguna wrote:

The pads are two different ableton wavetables mixed smile but they do have that sy22 quality to them.  Thanks so much!