WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / Stuck In The Past

Stuck In The Past

By Tone Matrix on May 13, 2018 7:58 pm

While working on this track in the final hours I learned what a 'text-door neighbor' is (Texting the next digit off from your phone number). Unfortunately that same number that decided to randomly message me actually used to be my ex's number.   I think you can hear me slumping over the keyboard as I really wanted nothing to do with this track or today.  The good news is WeeklyBeats has given me new ways to remember these 'moments'.    Also the Access Virus synth decided it didn't want to power on this week.  So that is absent this week.  Yay! Maybe next week it will be in the mood!  Thanks for listening to me moan and groan.  tongue

May 14, 2018 12:48 am

Quite soft stuff here... really melow. No moan and groan here, to my ears. Just beautiful music

May 14, 2018 2:08 am

Totally agree with laguna on this.

May 14, 2018 9:54 am

Voice leading on those chords is be-to-the-eautiful! heart Lo-fi perc works really well for this too.

Nice picture!

@Laguna Shadertoy!

May 14, 2018 10:28 am
laguna wrote:

absolutely true.

May 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Just remember you can always ride the sound waves to the future, merely keeping them as an echo to the past.

May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

This is really beautiful and liked when the beat kicked in along with the melody line.  Definitely no signs of frustration to me.

May 18, 2018 7:31 am

These Pads are very beautyfull. Your drums are are quite different this time more dry and with this little reverses  Really great Job on the mix!!!
That melody synth is awesome first when it sounds more guitare like... what is it?

May 19, 2018 6:07 pm

this is so calming and beautiful!

May 20, 2018 2:29 pm

That was lovely, thanks again.

May 21, 2018 2:23 am

Nice chillout, thanks! The pads sound really great, and the solo part as well.

May 24, 2018 12:24 am

deeep pads, I'm floating along ... do you do the artwork you post? nice stuff.

May 25, 2018 4:19 pm
theGuen wrote:

Thanks smile  the drums were a simple chill loop I found and since I'm usually very lazy with my drum beats, I decided to reverse a few of the hits to try and break up the monotony. The more guitar-like synth might just be the Electric Piano in the higher register?  The pads were from the Virus C and the EP from the Roland RD700GX.

miraclemiles wrote:

deeep pads, I'm floating along ... do you do the artwork you post? nice stuff.

Thanks, i'm no photoshop expert unfortunately smile  I basically google search based on the subject/title or take a random scenic pic I've taken and throw it into various iPhone apps like Fragment, Shift, Glaze, Circular or Prisma.  If it's not my own image I try to destroy it enough that you can't tell tongue This particular one was just simple pic of outside my house and thrown into Circular (great at making tiny planet pics) and then Glaze (good for giving it that painted look) smile  Thanks again for listening!