WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / Natural Instinct for Science

Natural Instinct for Science

By Tone Matrix on October 21, 2018 9:33 pm

The title really has nothing to do with the track other than I felt this was a silly departure from my usual serious schtuff.  So why not have a doofus manipulating shapes with his "mind".  I was initially inspired by a chord progression I saw in a tutorial.  Midway through I was ready to trash the track but since I never leave myself enough time to do such a thing I decided to push it along.  This was all Ableton wavetable, operator and drums.  Thanks for listening to my silliness and I need to catch up on errrrbodies tracks!

October 22, 2018 3:37 am

I'm in WB backlog hell as well!

So nice to hear this chord progression.  Very pretty.  Hilariously strange gif!

October 22, 2018 4:47 am

Thanks a bunch! I definitely had way too much free time afterwards with this lil graphics app called "Matter".  tongue

October 22, 2018 1:11 pm

That is indeed quite a satisfying progression. What is it?

October 23, 2018 8:02 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

I didn't realize you made it!  Cool!!

October 25, 2018 2:13 am

been thinking a lot about the way we shape things with our minds... what an image!  wow!

love all the layers in both pieces!

October 26, 2018 11:51 pm

It has a fun lighthearted vibe for sure.  Digging the synth sounds here.

October 27, 2018 9:23 pm

My thoughts float around nicely with this. Lovely sounds and progression, and I like how the skittery bouncing drums give move it along.

October 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Great synths! I love the very rhythmic interaction of the drums and the lead big_smile

October 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Very tight, full composition. Great sounds. Nice,subtle embellishments in the percussion. I like that bassy lead.