WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / All That Will Burn

All That Will Burn

By Tone Matrix on January 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Decided to stick with a similar mood to last week's pretend_score and did another dark piano track.  I realized early on that the chord progression was very familiar but I decided to push on and hope that I could give it my own touch.  The main bass theme is from the Bass Station 2 along with some of the higher pitched fx tracks.  The piano, oboe and alto sax are from the RD700GX.  I think this might have been my first time actually using the alto sax patch in a piece.  I wanted to do some crazy saxophone cacophony solo (empties spit valve) but instead gave it a bit (lot) of reverb to get that buzzing insecty feel.  Overall the mix is ok, but the more sounds I added the more it got a bit crowded.  Thanks for reading/listening, see ya next week!

January 22, 2018 12:16 am

I like the feel of this one.  I probably wouldn't have guessed it was a sax patch without reading the description, but it sounds really cool and, yes, kind of like a buzzing insect or something.

January 22, 2018 1:37 am

thicccck mix, works well though, really fills the space. sax effect turned out great, super unique vibe to it.

January 22, 2018 1:50 am

this is awesome - it sounds HUGE - nicely done

January 22, 2018 8:49 am

Oily slick.

January 24, 2018 5:17 am

Love the slow burn pace.  Tasty beats too.  Almost Reznor vibe when the piano comes in.

January 25, 2018 6:53 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Parallelis wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

this is awesome - it sounds HUGE - nicely done

Devieus wrote:

Oily slick.

rdomain wrote:

Thanks so much for listening!  The progression is definitely inspired via osmosis from listening to Trent's music all my life.  I actually bought the Roland back in 2007 when I heard he used it.  It has some really nice dark piano sounds.  So I like to turn the lights out and pretend I'm making another Ghosts album tongue

January 26, 2018 5:10 am

Haha... nice.  A big Reznor fan here for many many years also.

January 28, 2018 8:24 am

Yep. That is a great track. Totally polished, beautiful pacing, great instrumentation. I thought the mix was spot on.

January 29, 2018 4:29 pm
rdomain wrote:

Very beautiful track, indeed. You're always capable of really touching moments in your music. The Reznor vibe is definetely right, and I also could never have guessed that was an alto sax. PRecisely because of the NIN atmosphere, I pictured Alessandro Cortini doing some nasty stuff with a wall of modulars. Really beautiful, again, for sure smile