Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

sun 25 mar

By thawkins on March 25, 2018 2:25 pm

I been listening to smooth jazz again. This is not smooth jazz, but I think if you squint real hard you can hear it.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
March 26, 2018 11:31 am

It's definitely got some jazz going on, but also a bit of Asian stuff.

March 26, 2018 12:30 pm
Devieus wrote:

It's definitely got some jazz going on, but also a bit of Asian stuff.

Thanks! I guess it's the bongos... recent weekly beats have been made in a rush of me throwing stuff to the wall and seeing what sticks. I even tried to play footwork style drums on it, but then decided that I can't really pull that off. It was fun to experiment though.

March 26, 2018 2:07 pm
thawkins wrote:
Devieus wrote:

It's definitely got some jazz going on, but also a bit of Asian stuff.

Thanks! I guess it's the bongos... recent weekly beats have been made in a rush of me throwing stuff to the wall and seeing what sticks. I even tried to play footwork style drums on it, but then decided that I can't really pull that off. It was fun to experiment though.


The bongos are putting the Africa in it, it's more the everything else.

March 27, 2018 1:43 am
Devieus wrote:
thawkins wrote:
Devieus wrote:

It's definitely got some jazz going on, but also a bit of Asian stuff.

Thanks! I guess it's the bongos... recent weekly beats have been made in a rush of me throwing stuff to the wall and seeing what sticks. I even tried to play footwork style drums on it, but then decided that I can't really pull that off. It was fun to experiment though.


The bongos are putting the Africa in it, it's more the everything else.

Now that I think of it, they should be tablas actually, which is more India style. However I do not deny any Asian influences, I live in Tokyo after all. smile

April 1, 2018 3:32 pm

The percussion is really nice.

April 1, 2018 7:21 pm

I really like smooth jazz!  Particularly Tim Bowman and Norman Brown.

This definitely has a great smooth jazz undercurrent.  Particularly in your piano chord choices.  Top notch.  Downloaded!

April 2, 2018 12:52 am
Kohlhofer wrote:

The percussion is really nice.

orangedrink wrote:

I really like smooth jazz!  Particularly Tim Bowman and Norman Brown.

This definitely has a great smooth jazz undercurrent.  Particularly in your piano chord choices.  Top notch.  Downloaded!

Thanks to both of you! Really happy that the thing what I was trying to do kind of came out even on such a short time. Not easy to make smooth jazz on a tight schedule. smile

April 5, 2018 5:08 pm

I really like these ethnic fusion vibes smile Very relaxing music.

April 9, 2018 7:51 am
NinjaBaka wrote:

I really like these ethnic fusion vibes smile Very relaxing music.

Thanks! I am glad you liked it.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up