Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

(reprise)

By thawkins on December 28, 2018 9:01 am

This year's journey comes to an end.

Thank you all who listened and commented on my stuff. It was a great motivating experience to have to work and finish something every week. A lot of the times I felt that the results could have been a lot better, but hindsight is always 20/20 and what also matters is the skills and discipline I picked up along the way.

I hope next year will also be as productive and good for making new music (and enjoying yourselves doing it).

The last song for this year is something I thought is actually a re-recording of the first weekly beat I posted, but it turns out I misremembered and it is a re-recording of a previously unreleased song that I did record as well in the first week of 2018. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.

Here's to happy holidays and a nice new year!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
January 2, 2019 9:25 pm

The fog of 2018 fades and the sun rises into 2019.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all the awesome tracks.  And thanks for helping me get work done by getting me ramped up into a trance! heart

January 3, 2019 5:47 am
orangedrink wrote:

The fog of 2018 fades and the sun rises into 2019.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all the awesome tracks.  And thanks for helping me get work done by getting me ramped up into a trance! heart

Thanks for all your comments. I am glad that you liked my music. smile

January 3, 2019 8:28 am

I guess you did end up reprising something. Nice song, the drums are quite mellow.

January 3, 2019 1:10 pm
Devieus wrote:

I guess you did end up reprising something. Nice song, the drums are quite mellow.

Thanks, glad you like it. smile

January 4, 2019 12:54 am

Ahh, liking chill vibe of this, very nice. Great drums. Just found your stuff now, so late in game. I echo your thoughts about the weekly process, great learning, the deadline helps discipline. I put up site to keep creative creations happening every week for whomever wants to join up over at creativeweeks.org. its a baby hopefully will grow into something fun. happy new year!

January 4, 2019 2:57 am
miraclemiles wrote:

Ahh, liking chill vibe of this, very nice. Great drums. Just found your stuff now, so late in game. I echo your thoughts about the weekly process, great learning, the deadline helps discipline. I put up site to keep creative creations happening every week for whomever wants to join up over at creativeweeks.org. its a baby hopefully will grow into something fun. happy new year!

Thanks! Glad you like it. Going to check out your site as well as I do want to continue doing this somehow. smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up