Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / thawkins's music / jam, sun 1 jul 2018

jam, sun 1 jul 2018

By thawkins on July 1, 2018 1:30 pm

This is the second half of a jam I did today. Trying to learn the Volca Sample and all the other stuff I have managed to pile on my desk and hook up to Ableton Live (Korg MS2000R and MicroX).

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
July 2, 2018 2:04 am

Sounds like the perfect atmosphere for an icy cave or winter landscape. I like these synth choices a lot and the subtle progression, really nice to listen to.

July 2, 2018 2:31 am
Pyure wrote:

Sounds like the perfect atmosphere for an icy cave or winter landscape. I like these synth choices a lot and the subtle progression, really nice to listen to.

Thanks! It's weird that it makes you think of ice and winter, as it was recorded sweating under an air conditioner with outside temperatures at around 30 degrees Celsius. smile

July 9, 2018 12:43 am

Goddamn I love this. Very Northcape. Really enjoyable.

July 9, 2018 1:34 am
brian botkiller wrote:

Goddamn I love this. Very Northcape. Really enjoyable.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I will check out Northcape as well, thanks for mentioning it. smile

September 16, 2018 10:48 pm
thawkins wrote:
brian botkiller wrote:

Goddamn I love this. Very Northcape. Really enjoyable.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I will check out Northcape as well, thanks for mentioning it. smile

For sure. Northcape is like, some of the best music to fall asleep to. I would put this up there with their work.

September 17, 2018 3:02 am
brian botkiller wrote:
thawkins wrote:
brian botkiller wrote:

Goddamn I love this. Very Northcape. Really enjoyable.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I will check out Northcape as well, thanks for mentioning it. smile

For sure. Northcape is like, some of the best music to fall asleep to. I would put this up there with their work.

Thanks, it really means a lot that you say this. smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up