Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Atari

By strolts on April 13, 2018 1:45 am

i made this beat for my buddy.
just been experimenting with processing and mixes to get a cleaner sound?
still ain't there, but i've never been good at that typ'a thing

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
April 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Nice, I like the mysterious vibe heart Mixing sounds pretty good!

April 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Interesting pace here, packed with lots of little fluorishes to help it along. Pretty articulate! Doesn't seem bogged down in the mix at all.

April 17, 2018 12:51 am

Yeah!  Cool experiment.  The beginning and towards the end kind of sounds like some kind of star wars alien making noise backed by a beat.  I like the way it evolves in the middle section as well.

April 18, 2018 12:41 am

Perhaps the most unique piece this week. Much liked!

April 18, 2018 2:33 am

Whoa is this is crazy, super melty and janky. Love how organic everything is. Almost reminds me of Jerry Paper, would love to hear some of his deadpan vocals over this. Lovely track!

April 19, 2018 4:58 pm
hieme wrote:

Nice, I like the mysterious vibe <3 Mixing sounds pretty good!

THANKS! I've also been using better quality samples lately... go figure, that helps the most HAHA

gpsychosis wrote:

Interesting pace here, packed with lots of little fluorishes to help it along. Pretty articulate! Doesn't seem bogged down in the mix at all.

thank you very much! it's the subtleties that make song writing so great, I think

CosmicCairns wrote:

Yeah!  Cool experiment.  The beginning and towards the end kind of sounds like some kind of star wars alien making noise backed by a beat.  I like the way it evolves in the middle section as well.

funny, when it was all said and done, I couldn't stop thinking about Super Metroid HAHA

Jim Wood wrote:

Perhaps the most unique piece this week. Much liked!

WOOOOW! thanks a million for listening! i'm really happy you liked it!

Parallelis wrote:

Whoa is this is crazy, super melty and janky. Love how organic everything is. Almost reminds me of Jerry Paper, would love to hear some of his deadpan vocals over this. Lovely track!

it DOES feel melty now that you mention it... Jerry Paper is so good! now I want him to sing on it! lol

May 25, 2018 7:32 pm

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up