Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / spry's music / Over Again (WB07)

Over Again (WB07)

By spry on February 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Put this one together around the bass line in the chorus section.  Wrote that first and the main melody and did variations and filling out the sound from there.  Spent about 1 hour writing patterns, 20 minutes recording and editing the structure and another 40 min mixing and putting in some filters.  2 hours work time! 

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 19, 2018 1:29 am

Nice track... well done! That kick pattern is hypnotizing me.

February 19, 2018 3:45 am

Really cool bassline going on here, went some unexpected places. Impressive for just two hours of work!

February 19, 2018 4:27 am

Honestly  ine of my faves youve done so far. Simple structures,great walking bassline, and love the percussion sound design  they were clicking around in a different room down from were the other instruments wete playing. Great stuff !

February 22, 2018 1:23 am
NWSPR wrote:

Nice track... well done! That kick pattern is hypnotizing me.

Thanks!  I tend to write my kicks in either single measure loops or 4-8 bar patterns and alternate between the two.  in this one I had two single measure loops and one 4 measure loop with a couple turn arounds big_smile

Parallelis wrote:

Really cool bassline going on here, went some unexpected places. Impressive for just two hours of work!


Thanks!  The bass line was the driving force of the composition for sure. I kinda let it lead the way so i didnt have to think too much about it haha

spOOked wrote:

Honestly  ine of my faves youve done so far. Simple structures,great walking bassline, and love the percussion sound design  they were clicking around in a different room down from were the other instruments wete playing. Great stuff !

Thanks!  I probably spent the most time mixing those percussion sounds than anything else lol.  Im on this kick where percussion is important but it has to be non-intrusive to the music to get the feels im feelin.  and the orchestral set is totally the way to go.  clave > highhat allllll day long

February 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Can't believe I almost missed this: love those shiffting accents.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up