Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / spry's music / Emergent Properties (WB12)

Emergent Properties (WB12)

By spry on March 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Had my friend Kelly record a couple of synth loops for me this week. Wrapped them into a droney jam feel big_smile

Took about 30 minutes building the backing track with some basic rhythm stuff. Took about 20 minutes recording Kelly off the MS2000 and looping it into a few patterns. Took about 40 minutes putting together a structure and putting in some blending fx. another 10 minutes rounding out the master track and done! Total work time about 1 hour 40 minutes!

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
March 23, 2020 1:56 am

This is really cool for something done that fast. I like the bass and the woodblocks carrying the groove. The brass are nice touches.

March 26, 2020 3:14 am

You finish a track in the time it takes for me to stop putzing around and decide to START working smile

Nice job Kelly!

March 27, 2020 4:07 pm

Atmosphere in this one is great. Really nicely done, especially in the timeframe!

March 30, 2020 12:37 am
Kedbreak136 wrote:

This is really cool for something done that fast. I like the bass and the woodblocks carrying the groove. The brass are nice touches.

Thanks! Those brass parts were thanks to my friend Kelly's improv big_smile

orangedrink wrote:

You finish a track in the time it takes for me to stop putzing around and decide to START working smile

Nice job Kelly!

Well obviously I don't count all the time I spend putzing around thinking about it :-P Yea good job Kelly!

roboctopus wrote:

Atmosphere in this one is great. Really nicely done, especially in the timeframe!

Thanks! I've been working on that atmosphere part recently. Trying to build a good blend out of whatever I've got on hand that week smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up