Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Starry Nights

By Sodabelly on July 19, 2020 4:28 pm

I thought I had all the tracks I needed for my next release but went ahead and made a final track anyway. I might've had some trouble with bitcrushing coming out too loud in this mix but whatever. Enjoy!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 20, 2020 1:49 am

There is something with "rhodes" sounds that works so good. I really like this track, nice guitars as well. Very smooth.

July 20, 2020 1:52 am

This sounds great man, very chill.  This is like the 5th awesome lofi tune I've heard on WBs this evening actually.  Love the instrumentation on this, that clean guitar tone and electric piano are so nice together. Keep me posted when the next release comes out, I'm looking forward to it.  I've actually had your EP Magdan Mile in my rotation a lot lately.  Good stuff!

July 20, 2020 2:46 am

So dreamy. Really dig this track, man.

July 20, 2020 12:01 pm

This is a beautiful relaxed song. I can`t get enough of the steel-guitar and the nice rhodes chords. Supergood.

July 21, 2020 3:28 pm
djippy wrote:

There is something with "rhodes" sounds that works so good. I really like this track, nice guitars as well. Very smooth.

Thanks!

Chrisfoo wrote:

This sounds great man, very chill.  This is like the 5th awesome lofi tune I've heard on WBs this evening actually.  Love the instrumentation on this, that clean guitar tone and electric piano are so nice together. Keep me posted when the next release comes out, I'm looking forward to it.  I've actually had your EP Magdan Mile in my rotation a lot lately.  Good stuff!

Wow, Magdan Mile seems so long ago...I got a puppy right after I made that and haven't done much strumming or singing since sadly, just got really into electronic production instead. Glad you enjoy it, thanks for listening!

hent03 wrote:

So dreamy. Really dig this track, man.

Q-Rosh wrote:

This is a beautiful relaxed song. I can`t get enough of the steel-guitar and the nice rhodes chords. Supergood.

Thank you!

July 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Love this.The percussion sounds good, the piano is sick, the guitar is great. Looking forward to hear more

July 26, 2020 7:50 pm
danju wrote:

Love this.The percussion sounds good, the piano is sick, the guitar is great. Looking forward to hear more

Thanks! I really appreciate the compliments smile

July 26, 2020 11:52 pm

i was really stressed - this calmed me right now - that lapsteel? sound is dreamy

July 27, 2020 1:55 am
emily wrote:

i was really stressed - this calmed me right now - that lapsteel? sound is dreamy

Thanks, glad I could help you de-stress. Lapsteel is always dreamy, I love it smile

July 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Listening to both this and the following weeks' song one after the other is beautiful. I'd say this is a beautiful hybrid lo-fi track. It has lo-fi feel, and clearly has sounds designed around that, but also has a clarity I don't usually hear in lo-fi, which I really like.

July 28, 2020 6:44 pm

July 29, 2020 4:46 pm
Anon_Buster wrote:

Listening to both this and the following weeks' song one after the other is beautiful. I'd say this is a beautiful hybrid lo-fi track. It has lo-fi feel, and clearly has sounds designed around that, but also has a clarity I don't usually hear in lo-fi, which I really like.

Thanks! For some reason I just can't commit to the full on lo-fi sound, I always pull it way back out of the muck.

Ipaghost wrote:

Ya smile

July 29, 2020 5:45 pm

[like]

July 30, 2020 11:15 pm

ooh this is nice, especially love the slide/steel guitar. it just makes me want to melt!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up