Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Sodabelly's music / I Think I'm In Love

I Think I'm In Love

By Sodabelly on February 29, 2020 3:50 pm

I wanted to see what I could do with a strict time limit, so I set 90 minutes for myself and this is what I came up with. I was hoping to find the cracks in my workflow and what I get stuck on, I definitely got stuck on trying to find the right instruments, I think saving templates of your favourite instruments is key and also saving effects chains, drum kit templates...all that stuff. Luckily the music, although not the best, only took a take or two for each track but if I start trying to perfect every little chord, velocity and melody it will take me weeks...I did alot of the mixing and mastering without listening back to every detail because I get hung up on that the most. Anyway, enjoy! smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 2, 2020 1:30 am

This is really, really nice. I can't believe you only took 90 minutes on it!

Love how melodies feel like they overlap each other. smile

March 2, 2020 11:14 am

love the mood in here. I will take it on my journey. you did a great 90min job.

March 2, 2020 5:24 pm

Pretty damned sweet for an hour and a half—or for unlimited time for that matter.

March 2, 2020 5:25 pm

I tried to sing Mike Reid’s (popularized by Bonnie Rait) I Can’t Make You Love Me along with this.

March 2, 2020 7:47 pm

I really wouldn't have guessed there was any kind of time limit.  It sounds relaxed and positive.  Great vibe.

March 2, 2020 8:46 pm
hent03 wrote:

This is really, really nice. I can't believe you only took 90 minutes on it!

Love how melodies feel like they overlap each other. smile

Thanks!

Q-Rosh wrote:

love the mood in here. I will take it on my journey. you did a great 90min job.

Thank you very much!

E-dub wrote:

Pretty damned sweet for an hour and a half—or for unlimited time for that matter.

I tried to sing Mike Reid’s (popularized by Bonnie Rait) I Can’t Make You Love Me along with this.

Thanks, please record that! Haha

CosmicCairns wrote:

I really wouldn't have guessed there was any kind of time limit.  It sounds relaxed and positive.  Great vibe.

Thank you smile

March 4, 2020 1:32 pm

Those chords and those tones *chef's kiss*

March 4, 2020 10:29 pm

It is impressing to make a beautiful song on short time! I like so much the instruments and this quiet melody in panning. It is my favorite I hear this week.

March 8, 2020 12:08 am
ecso wrote:

Those chords and those tones *chef's kiss*

Haha thank you!

Alette wrote:

It is impressing to make a beautiful song on short time! I like so much the instruments and this quiet melody in panning. It is my favorite I hear this week.

Wow, thank you very much!

March 8, 2020 6:09 pm

Chords are a little sugary for my taste but the textures are excellent!

March 8, 2020 10:52 pm
license wrote:

Chords are a little sugary for my taste but the textures are excellent!

Thanks! I was debating whether to take this track further or not because it's a little too 'sugary' for me as well smile

March 8, 2020 10:55 pm
Sodabelly wrote:
license wrote:

Chords are a little sugary for my taste but the textures are excellent!

Thanks! I was debating whether to take this track further or not because it's a little too 'sugary' for me as well smile


It doesn't hurt to branch out. I should do the same every once in a while.

March 16, 2020 4:16 am

90 minutes??? dang. really impressive, sounds very polished. Using a time limit to find cracks in workflow is a great idea, may need to keep a WB journal/log with those kinds of insights

March 16, 2020 1:30 pm
zirafa wrote:

90 minutes??? dang. really impressive, sounds very polished. Using a time limit to find cracks in workflow is a great idea, may need to keep a WB journal/log with those kinds of insights

Thanks, yeah I figured out alot of obvious things. I recommend giving it a try!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up