Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

The Valley

By Simon Koehn on June 7, 2020 8:49 pm

Keeping it low and slow again. Phew, hangin' in there.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
June 8, 2020 4:07 am

This ones awesome man, that multitap delay effect on the piano is cool as hell.  I cant really make sense of it by listening, how'd you do go about it?

You and Tone Matrix are definitely my favs on here are far as the cinematic style goes for sure.  Not sure if you listen to his stuff ever but check out his from this week if you get a chance.  He entered a contest to score a scene for the new season is Westworld and its amazing.  Right up your alley.   

June 14, 2020 2:27 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

This ones awesome man, that multitap delay effect on the piano is cool as hell.  I cant really make sense of it by listening, how'd you do go about it?

You and Tone Matrix are definitely my favs on here are far as the cinematic style goes for sure.  Not sure if you listen to his stuff ever but check out his from this week if you get a chance.  He entered a contest to score a scene for the new season is Westworld and its amazing.  Right up your alley.

Thanks man! Theres some piano in there that is played with an arp, so that already sounds a bit like some multi-tap weirdness, and then there is ALSO some delay and Soundtoys crystallizer that really messes with it rhythmically.

Yeeeess! I think I actually follow Tone Matrix on insta. Tbh I haven't been great at listening to peoples tracks this year, but I'll get on it! Almost got on that Westworld comp too but I'm super time-poor at the moment. Keen to check his out.

Edit: Ohh nup, wasn't following on insta, but I sure am now tongue

June 16, 2020 12:34 am
Simon Koehn wrote:
Chrisfoo wrote:

This ones awesome man, that multitap delay effect on the piano is cool as hell.  I cant really make sense of it by listening, how'd you do go about it?

You and Tone Matrix are definitely my favs on here are far as the cinematic style goes for sure.  Not sure if you listen to his stuff ever but check out his from this week if you get a chance.  He entered a contest to score a scene for the new season is Westworld and its amazing.  Right up your alley.

Thanks man! Theres some piano in there that is played with an arp, so that already sounds a bit like some multi-tap weirdness, and then there is ALSO some delay and Soundtoys crystallizer that really messes with it rhythmically.

Yeeeess! I think I actually follow Tone Matrix on insta. Tbh I haven't been great at listening to peoples tracks this year, but I'll get on it! Almost got on that Westworld comp too but I'm super time-poor at the moment. Keen to check his out.

Edit: Ohh nup, wasn't following on insta, but I sure am now tongue

Nice, that effect definitely sounds sweet.  I've been enjoying the shit out of my free trial of the Soundtoys effects rack, I'll need to mess with Crystalizer more though. 

June 19, 2020 5:05 pm

*waves to Chrisfoo for the nice comments and recommendation* big_smile  Thanks for the follow too!  This was super chill to listen to.  I drifted off a bit in my own world before remembering to comment!   Those piano arps have a great quality to them.  They almost sound like Olafur Arnalds' type of twinkling pianos smile 

June 22, 2020 12:44 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

*waves to Chrisfoo for the nice comments and recommendation* big_smile  Thanks for the follow too!  This was super chill to listen to.  I drifted off a bit in my own world before remembering to comment!   Those piano arps have a great quality to them.  They almost sound like Olafur Arnalds' type of twinkling pianos smile

Thanks! Yeah I found myself resorting to twinkling pianos to get through the last few weeks haha!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up