Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

naive tooling

By samuelbruce on April 25, 2020 8:41 am

Skipped lunch and made a minimal techno patch in Pure Data. Recorded 2 improvised takes because I misconfigured the first one and recorded the room via the laptop mic. Kept both in the mix. Might be alright hey.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
April 27, 2020 1:26 am

Whoa. Caught myself getting really lost in this one. NICE AF

April 27, 2020 3:23 am
Modulated Drummer wrote:

Whoa. Caught myself getting really lost in this one. NICE AF


Thanks heaps Modulated Drummer. I was pleased with it but feel it's still lacking, might try and expand on the same patch this week.

April 27, 2020 2:59 pm

I enjoyed this too. I don't know that it's lacking anything. I like it for what it is.

April 27, 2020 4:46 pm

That wide pan effect makes a crazy pattern tapping in my headphones. Getting some glitching, not sure if it's the comp or my connection! Hear some banging toms in the background.

April 28, 2020 2:24 am
license wrote:

I enjoyed this too. I don't know that it's lacking anything. I like it for what it is.


Cheers license!

NWSPR wrote:

That wide pan effect makes a crazy pattern tapping in my headphones. Getting some glitching, not sure if it's the comp or my connection! Hear some banging toms in the background.


Thanks for your comment NWSPR, I think those glitches may be intentional!

May 1, 2020 8:14 pm
samuelbruce wrote:
license wrote:

I enjoyed this too. I don't know that it's lacking anything. I like it for what it is.


Cheers license!

NWSPR wrote:

That wide pan effect makes a crazy pattern tapping in my headphones. Getting some glitching, not sure if it's the comp or my connection! Hear some banging toms in the background.


Thanks for your comment NWSPR, I think those glitches may be intentional!


That's what I thought.  Listening to it again. Sounds really cool through my monitors. Love that rapid fire kick with the wide pan.  Even better through the monitors.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up