Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / Super Cow and the Downtown Brown Clown

Super Cow and the Downtown Brown Clown

By Ryan on February 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Still struggling a bit for time this week so here is another modular synth jam. One take, no overdubs. I tried to get really hands-on with this one and 'perform' as much as I could which was fun.

The only module making sound is the Manis Iteritas by Noise Engineering, It's an awesome module that can produce melody, bass and percussion all at the same time with the right application of CV. I also enjoy how unapologetically noisey this module is so hold on to your hats...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 17, 2020 2:00 am

Yeah some of those noises are downright crazy.  Awesome stuff. 

February 17, 2020 9:09 am

Damn this is wild. Did you do much in the way of rehearsal or prep for the one-take finish?

February 17, 2020 11:10 am

smile This is cool!
love how the drums start to gallop from time to time... This high distortion sounds are my favorite. I just missed a festival with experimental music here in my town... I guess this would have fitted in there perfectly. Keep on bringing stuff like this! Btw. your last weeks track is starting right now and it get's a totally different vibe after listening to this one...
Maybe it's like sushi and ginger... I've leaned that the ginger should neutralize the taste so that you have the full flavor for the next bite of your sushi... What's the sushi what's ginger? Doesn't matter i love both smile

February 17, 2020 3:56 pm

This is the stampede of modular synth jams! I love how brutal and percussive it gets! I will let go of my hat now big_smile

February 17, 2020 4:24 pm

This is gnarly as fuck. That distorted part took me by surprise in the best way.

February 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Yesss. Funky trills, snarling, rumbles, throaty pseudo-vocals, this one's got it all.

February 17, 2020 8:04 pm

One take wonder, you're doing great under your time pressure. The movement on this is mad, there's so much going on that it's impossible to listen passively. The way it really goes off the chain around halfway is great, gave me chills. Downloaded even though it's far away from my usual world, I really like this heart

February 18, 2020 10:32 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Yeah some of those noises are downright crazy.  Awesome stuff.

Thanks, it is a fun piece of gear to own.

hent03 wrote:

Damn this is wild. Did you do much in the way of rehearsal or prep for the one-take finish?

No rehearsing as such, I became more and more familiar with the patching as I added to the setup. By the time I was ready to record I knew which buttons to press to get a certain result.

theGuen wrote:

smile This is cool!
love how the drums start to gallop from time to time... This high distortion sounds are my favorite. I just missed a festival with experimental music here in my town... I guess this would have fitted in there perfectly. Keep on bringing stuff like this! Btw. your last weeks track is starting right now and it get's a totally different vibe after listening to this one...
Maybe it's like sushi and ginger... I've leaned that the ginger should neutralize the taste so that you have the full flavor for the next bite of your sushi... What's the sushi what's ginger? Doesn't matter i love both smile

I'll try that with sushi and ginger, good tip. I'm glad you picked up on the swing, I had something varying the attack times on most of the modulation which threw the rhythm out in a nice way I thought.

Gab Manette wrote:

This is the stampede of modular synth jams! I love how brutal and percussive it gets! I will let go of my hat now big_smile

Jokinen wrote:

This is gnarly as fuck. That distorted part took me by surprise in the best way.

license wrote:

Yesss. Funky trills, snarling, rumbles, throaty pseudo-vocals, this one's got it all.

Thanks for listening!

hieme wrote:

One take wonder, you're doing great under your time pressure. The movement on this is mad, there's so much going on that it's impossible to listen passively. The way it really goes off the chain around halfway is great, gave me chills. Downloaded even though it's far away from my usual world, I really like this <3

Thanks so much, I found working with this much noise to be very therapeutic indeed even it wasn't my normal thing.

February 20, 2020 3:47 am

I particularly enjoy the temperamental feel of this. A bit like an escalating tantrum.

February 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Woah some awesome textures in this one.  It kind of reminds me of how some of the synths sound on Nine Inch Nails' album Year Zero (the great destroyer).  That synth is capable of some crazy sounds yikes The low rumbly bits are especially awesome.

February 22, 2020 10:24 am

I do enjoy this very much. I must be fun having a modular system at home.

February 23, 2020 5:18 am

MI madness I tells ya!  I really like those rhythmic flurries through out the piece and the hands on control really helps steer it to where you want to take it.  Noise for all.

February 24, 2020 7:08 am
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I particularly enjoy the temperamental feel of this. A bit like an escalating tantrum.

perfect description. like an electrical storm took on the personality of an upset toddler

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up