Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / Brittabamma braces for the boom boom

Brittabamma braces for the boom boom

By Ryan on April 19, 2020 8:02 am

I feel bad for not doing much listening on Weeklybeats recently, I plan to catch up big time this week.

Found a bit of time to play with the Digitakt this week, I kept trying to add things to this track to flesh it out but in the end I was just happier with this as a groove piece. There is quite a bit of random parameterisation going on in the sequencer so I find the piece never sounds too repetitive anyway.

Shout out to my daughter Izzy for providing royalty-free samples for this one.

April 20, 2020 12:50 am

This piece has such a wonderful feeling of flow to it. Really like the way all the pieces fit together and stay interesting from start to finish.

April 20, 2020 2:06 am

Those bongo drums and that bendy string, and the pitchy vocals sound so exotic together, very sunny feeling somehow. Love the little reverses, they add a lovely extra smoothness to the piece. Very nice.

April 21, 2020 12:37 am

I agree with the sunny feeling.  I'm actually getting a bit of a vibe of the tropics.  Excellent guest appearance from your daughter as well.

April 21, 2020 8:52 am

Good to hear Izzy's voice in there and a pretty cool track I reckon!  A great blend of instruments and layers.

April 21, 2020 1:12 pm

The delay is sick. 1 up for kids vocals samples! Great track this week man.

April 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Love the Izzy intro especially the deep bend to get it started.  The guitar sounds like a mandolin at times with those bends.  The percussion really strengthens the groove too.  Nice work!

April 26, 2020 11:41 pm

those string sounds are fantastic. twangy echoes give it a drone vibe

April 28, 2020 3:06 pm

so groovy and sunny. it has tons of cool breaks and nice exotic vibes. wonderful work.