Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / royb0t's music / starport (031718_130bpm)

starport (031718_130bpm)

By royb0t on March 17, 2018 6:18 pm

I truly intended to write some atmospheric IDM. But before I knew it, it cycled to something more menacing, then something more cinematic, then I just gave in and complimented it all with my inclination toward industrial. I felt compelled to add vocals, but didn't know what to say. So I wound up singing some Doom 2 flavor text.


I sort of want to follow this impulse a lot further... I guess we do have 40 more weeks, so who knows!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Full of energy and quite threatening. Vocals take it to another level.

March 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Awesome work on all of these sections--I'm totally down with the ambient intro, and would have been fine with that being the whole thing...but then you kick up the level of intensity. Crunchy, fuzzy, glitchy (particularly digging those noise swoops in the beat-oriented section and later), bringing impact...great stuff.

March 22, 2018 6:53 am

Maybe next week you can do the same order in reverse, or even skip a few steps and go industrial atmospheric.

March 26, 2018 12:19 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Full of energy and quite threatening. Vocals take it to another level.


Thanks! I was worried they were a lil too loud, but I definitely wanna revisit this for a release, or at least a track on the full-lengther that comes from WB2018. Whee.

onezero wrote:

Awesome work on all of these sections--I'm totally down with the ambient intro, and would have been fine with that being the whole thing...but then you kick up the level of intensity. Crunchy, fuzzy, glitchy (particularly digging those noise swoops in the beat-oriented section and later), bringing impact...great stuff.


Hooray thank you! big_smile

Devieus wrote:

Maybe next week you can do the same order in reverse, or even skip a few steps and go industrial atmospheric.


Oh noes totally forgot! Admittedly I think like 3 times this week I start trying to write ambient music and it turns out huge. Maybe I gotta go the otherway and think to start huge and cinematic so I can finally get a chill ambient tune out, hah.

March 26, 2018 8:32 am

Perfection isn't when there's nothing left to add, but nothing left to take away.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up