WeeklyBeats.com / Music / roboctopus's music / My Toy Piano Will Go On

My Toy Piano Will Go On

By roboctopus on March 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm back learning the Octatrack again this week. I sample a bunch of my kids instruments - toy piano, a bunch of weird percussion, some dinky keyboards. I also sampled the intro from some early 80s Japanese pop for the chords and used some of the Samples from Mars packs for drums. Starting to get the hang of the Octatrack a bit more. Used a bunch of fx, mangled some sounds, learned to use LFOs. I'm really having fun with the Octatrack. It's very much like working on a tracker but in a box.

Still need to learn arranger/song mode, as all of this is done with live pattern switching. The box is very performance-oriented though, so it's fun to play like that.

March 12, 2018 12:13 am

Oh man, great sampling in such a cohesive tune heart

March 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Love the development and treatment.

March 13, 2018 4:06 am

wow, very full sounding! I need to learn how to use the OT like this. That kick sure has some punch to it.

March 14, 2018 8:42 am
0F wrote:

Exactly what Rob said tbh. This sounds amazing, so full!

March 15, 2018 4:27 am
0F wrote:

Tom Foolery wrote:
0F wrote:

Exactly what Rob said tbh. This sounds amazing, so full!

I'm like a month into Octatracking, so I still dunno what I'm doing haha. I am using fake sidechaining of sample volume and reverb mix levels, so maybe that makes things sound full?