WeeklyBeats.com / Music / roboctopus's music / My Piano Will Go On

My Piano Will Go On

By roboctopus on January 26, 2020 9:33 pm

This is the third permutation of this track this week. It started out as chords I played and sampled into the Octatrack and was working on a sort of chill hip hop beat. Then I rearranged the progression and loaded it onto the latest version of LSDJ to try it out. It started as a chill disco/funk tune with a lilting melody (lotsa chromatics, natch).

Then I was listening to Bit Shifter's Closed System Blues album and thought, "I wanna try programming drum patterns like that!" I started messing around and experimenting and realized I had to crank the BPM way up. It went from like 115 to 185 lol.

This version of the tune didn't really start emerging till Friday, so I ran out of time. I am enjoying it, so I'm going to keep working on it. I've never programmed at this high of a BPM and it's quite fun.

So this is just sort of a sketch right now. 1XLSDJ 7.8.0

January 27, 2020 12:31 am

There's something so goddamn aesthetic about LSDJ samples, absolutely bops!

January 27, 2020 1:36 am

can i chime in? love that sample! lol

January 27, 2020 3:15 am
Mortistar wrote:

There's something so goddamn aesthetic about LSDJ samples, absolutely bops!

Totally agree. There's a singular quality that's pleasing and hard to replicate. I've tried mimicking it with various things and it's never quite right. Gotta be LSDJ haha.

January 27, 2020 6:04 am

January 27, 2020 7:21 am

Such a cool little "it doesn't sound like a wip, but the creator has told us it's one" tune. Love it smile

January 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Real cool stuff. Fun drum beat for sure!

January 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Definitely digging this. Really doesn't sound like it's 100% LSDJ. I love the section where you're flipping back and forth between wav bass and the piano sample- nice channel economy there.

January 27, 2020 7:44 pm

awesome work! can i have the magic snare?

January 28, 2020 12:08 am

[img=https://media.giphy.com/media/heI8b9w6ydIR2/giphy.gif]/[img]

January 28, 2020 12:08 am

geez come on bbcode

January 28, 2020 11:14 pm

Came out great! laid back and frenetic at the same time. Love the rhythm breaks where it breaks from the timing a bit (not sure if I'm describing it right), but I can't get a handle on that kind of free flow rhythm to save my life, so always in awe.

January 29, 2020 1:02 am

Very odd to hear something at this BPM from you but I'm enjoying it.

January 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Love the chord progression and the last part

February 2, 2020 3:26 pm

Ipaghost wrote:

can i chime in? love that sample! lol

Thanks!

Jamatar wrote:

geez come on bbcode

bbcode is my enemy lol

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks! I think it somehow sounds laid back and frenetic because the drums are like double time but the chord prog is chill haha. And yeah, that sort of free flow rhythm eluded me for a long time. Definitely takes trial and error for me.

Laohu wrote:

Very odd to hear something at this BPM from you but I'm enjoying it.

The actual chord prog is still chill at least haha. Thanks!

milkish wrote:

Love the chord progression and the last part

Thanks!

February 3, 2020 12:35 am

Damn, the multi-platform resampling really shows through and has a beautiful tonality, I love it. Blissed out.

February 3, 2020 5:48 am

fun crunchy tune

February 6, 2020 9:40 pm

Awesome! Love to hear more high BPM LSDj!