Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

worm sprout

By Reilly Farrell on January 19, 2020 8:32 pm

crepuscular rays
chlorophyll kaleidoscopes
gummy worm gardens

(I'm not a poet, by the way, so these poems don't mean anything in particular.  I just like to think about colorful imagery when I make music.  CA springtimes tend to bring that out of me.)

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 20, 2020 12:10 am

This is so beautiful! It's so full of images, it's hard to pick one of them to try and describe. I love how it feels slightly futuristic. This is one of my favourites from you, really love it heart

January 20, 2020 10:16 am

Nice and relaxing.

January 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Ow man, this is really beautiful. What did you use to make it? It reminds me so hard of something, or at least it has this nostalgic feel to it, but I cannot quite remember what the sound of the synths remind me of ...
Anyway, doesn't matter ... It's just really beautiful. Very nice work!

January 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Mega chill, I too get a nostalgic vibe from it. A memory that comes to mind is the star mountain from Paper Mario. This has that spacy vibe, yet relaxing and dreamy.

January 23, 2020 1:15 am
dj someguy wrote:

Ow man, this is really beautiful. What did you use to make it? It reminds me so hard of something, or at least it has this nostalgic feel to it, but I cannot quite remember what the sound of the synths remind me of ...
Anyway, doesn't matter ... It's just really beautiful. Very nice work!

It's all done with EFM1 (FM synthesis) which comes built in with Logic!  I'm not FM-savvy, though, so pretty much everything you're hearing is either a default sound or a variation of it.  Anyway, thank you for the compliment!

January 23, 2020 1:16 am
ViridianLoom wrote:

Mega chill, I too get a nostalgic vibe from it. A memory that comes to mind is the star mountain from Paper Mario. This has that spacy vibe, yet relaxing and dreamy.

Oh, neat!  I love the Paper Mario soundtracks. big_smile

January 23, 2020 1:18 am
hieme wrote:

This is so beautiful! It's so full of images, it's hard to pick one of them to try and describe. I love how it feels slightly futuristic. This is one of my favourites from you, really love it <3


Thanks so much!  I had a tough time figuring out how to finish this one, so I'm glad to hear it turned out okay.

January 23, 2020 1:19 am
thawkins wrote:

Nice and relaxing.


Thank you!

January 26, 2020 9:19 am

Very relaxing, a gentle growth.

January 26, 2020 10:52 pm

This really does sound like something that should be in a Nintendo game or a JRPG to me. Super relaxing and a really cool concept!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up