Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

cows & clouds

By Reilly Farrell on May 3, 2020 4:10 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cattle in the shade of a satellite,
grazing with all their electric might –
and sailing above their hills and their herds,
a ceiling of signals, sunbeams and birds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[lyrics]
the cows go moo,
the clouds go too,
the cows go moo,
the cows and the clouds go.
the cows don’t move,
the clouds don’t move,
the cows go through
the clouds, and the cows go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[samples used]
“20190301.moo.wav” was published by dobroide on freesound.org under a creative commons license.
[source]: https://freesound.org/people/dobroide/sounds/462770/
[license]: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“moo.mp3” was published by toddtruax on freesound.org under a creative commons license.
[source]: https://freesound.org/people/toddtruax/sounds/144820/
[license]: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I may not mix too well, but cows and clouds sure do.
Hello May. Finals, here we go. Bring it!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 4, 2020 12:27 am

I can't believe I was here for the birth of cowstep lol. I honestly can't say I've ever heard anything like this, which is always a nice feeling. 10/10 piano melody heart

May 4, 2020 12:29 am

Whoa! How have I not heard you before this?

May 4, 2020 12:45 am

Love the subtle cowbell in the background. +1 to that awesome delayed piano melody, and sweet harmony too.

May 4, 2020 9:53 am

such a cool idea and excellent smooooooothly executed. mooooooooo

May 4, 2020 8:56 pm

Great effected vocals. Strangely uplifting and ethereal. Are those cows autotuned smile They got skills. Beautiful track.

May 5, 2020 5:13 am

Christ, I actually love this. I spent a minute trying to convince myself there's no way but this is incredibly enjoyable.

May 7, 2020 4:07 am

Unexpected smile This is the 4th song this week in a row with an animal reference in the song name..

"Elves are cannibats"
"Painting a bird with wings"
"cows & clouds"
"The Surprised Cat Meows"

All in a row. NEAT.

May 8, 2020 2:04 pm

Woah I never realized how pad-like cows are smile  Feeling those moby-vibes with the lovely piano melody and backing pads. 

May 8, 2020 10:41 pm

Holy cow, this is amazing.

May 10, 2020 4:02 pm
hieme wrote:

I can't believe I was here for the birth of cowstep lol. I honestly can't say I've ever heard anything like this, which is always a nice feeling. 10/10 piano melody <3

Haha, what an honor. big_smile Maybe someday I'll get to collaborate with an actual cow!

E-dub wrote:

Whoa! How have I not heard you before this?

Eh, tracks are like trees – they fall in a forest. I'm just grateful you gave this track your time. smile

Mission Crossing wrote:

Love the subtle cowbell in the background. +1 to that awesome delayed piano melody, and sweet harmony too.

Can't take credit for the cowbell - that was baked into the first sample (credited in the description). Appreciate the compliments on the melody and harmony though!

Q-Rosh wrote:

such a cool idea and excellent smooooooothly executed. mooooooooo


Thank yooooooooooooou. smile

NWSPR wrote:

Great effected vocals. Strangely uplifting and ethereal. Are those cows autotuned smile They got skills. Beautiful track.


They do indeed. I did alternate between pitch-bending the first sample and not. Thanks!

Sodabelly wrote:

Christ, I actually love this. I spent a minute trying to convince myself there's no way but this is incredibly enjoyable.


Thanks! I was wondering how this would sit with people.

Modulated Drummer wrote:

Unexpected smile This is the 4th song this week in a row with an animal reference in the song name..

"Elves are cannibats"
"Painting a bird with wings"
"cows & clouds"
"The Surprised Cat Meows"

All in a row. NEAT.


No kidding! I'll have to check out some of the others.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Woah I never realized how pad-like cows are smile  Feeling those moby-vibes with the lovely piano melody and backing pads.


Honestly, it took me forever to think of adding cows to the track. I'm glad they fit in with the pads!

Devieus wrote:

Holy cow, this is amazing.


Cow kind of you to say. Hope you hoof a wonderful day. big_smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up