WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / The Final Days

The Final Days

By rdomain on April 7, 2018 9:12 am

Music created on the modular synth to suit the age of 16mm film from 1970.

The footage is from Omega (1970) by Donald Fox.  The film is in the public domain.  The music was rendered from the hardware performance and then treated in Reaktor to create the ageing VHS tape quality.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

April 9, 2018 5:32 am

Wow, the music goes perfectly with the visuals!  This might be my favorite piece of yours to date.  The VHS treatment is perfect.  I really need to get something like that!  Um, I can't say enough good things about this piece.  I love the length and I love that you have primary elements and then secondary "bonus" elements that show up and give the piece "movements" and variety.  A++ favorited and downloaded heart

April 9, 2018 3:59 pm

yes, great integration. A classic tone poem.

April 9, 2018 10:03 pm

impressing movie. perfectly accompanied with the modular music.

April 12, 2018 3:20 am

Ah, beautiful! Is this the film you've been working on for a while?

April 12, 2018 10:51 am
orangedrink wrote:

Wow, the music goes perfectly with the visuals!  This might be my favorite piece of yours to date.  The VHS treatment is perfect.  I really need to get something like that!  Um, I can't say enough good things about this piece.  I love the length and I love that you have primary elements and then secondary "bonus" elements that show up and give the piece "movements" and variety.  A++ favorited and downloaded <3

Thanks for the kind words!  Glad you dug it so much.  Cheers!

Jim Wood wrote:

yes, great integration. A classic tone poem.

Cheers Jim!

Q-Rosh wrote:

impressing movie. perfectly accompanied with the modular music.

Thanks for watching/listening!

Bellebushka wrote:

Ah, beautiful! Is this the film you've been working on for a while?

Cheers!  And no, the one you're thinking of is much more experimental I would say.  It's on Youtube.  I'll have to dig up the link as it's not on my channel.

April 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Really cool and super eerie piece with the film.  The sound texture is so nice and thick smile  I know nothing about putting a music video together, but what software did you use to edit the movie together?  I suppose I could just do it in ableton but which much less options avail?

April 13, 2018 11:46 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks man.  For something like this that doesn't require much editing or manipulation, I just use iMovie!  The audio is mixed and mastered in Ableton though before it's exported to iMovie.  You can do it all in Ableton but you won't have any video editing features such as crossfades, titles, etc.

April 15, 2018 12:20 pm

I N T E N S E !

April 16, 2018 3:56 pm
rdomain wrote:
Tone Matrix wrote:

Suhweet, I'll have to give that a try.  I've used iMovie before in the past when it first came out but never thought of using it now with ableton.  Thanks for the inspiration! smile