Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / Shards of Pleasure Cut Deep

Shards of Pleasure Cut Deep

By rdomain on April 4, 2020 7:59 am

Modular synth composition.  Minimal edits and mixed in post.

ER-301 - Beats
BIA - Melody
Plaits - Pads

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
April 6, 2020 12:17 am

Cute jam.

I always get confused by the term "pad" - do you know the origin of it? It seems to indicate a sampled drone sometimes, actual drones another, but not a specific sound?

April 6, 2020 12:28 am

This track feels like what I imagine when I think of your music. Good stuff. smile

April 6, 2020 6:24 am
fc wrote:

Cute jam.

I always get confused by the term "pad" - do you know the origin of it? It seems to indicate a sampled drone sometimes, actual drones another, but not a specific sound?


Well I think that's the first my music has been described as cute.  Haha.  Were you looking at something cute when you typed that?  tongue
As for 'pads', I've always equated it to a sound that pads out the sound.  Fills out the sound.  A drone would tend to not have a progression to it.  That's just my interpretation.  smile

hent03 wrote:

This track feels like what I imagine when I think of your music. Good stuff. smile


Hehe, I think this one covered some key elements which I'm known for.  smile Cheers!

April 6, 2020 9:20 am

very impressing. You are really a professional. I love the sounds in here.

April 6, 2020 11:03 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

very impressing. You are really a professional. I love the sounds in here.

Thank you!  Yes, I've been doing this for a very long time now and I still love creating. smile Glad you loved the sounds here too!

April 6, 2020 1:19 pm

Aaaaah! That feels great, it's like a mashup of Akira meets old school Sega Genesis; there is this very satisfying FM-Synth-like metallic perc you used, love the feeling of wind tunnels in a megapolis.

April 6, 2020 10:20 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Aaaaah! That feels great, it's like a mashup of Akira meets old school Sega Genesis; there is this very satisfying FM-Synth-like metallic perc you used, love the feeling of wind tunnels in a megapolis.

Haha, yes.  That anime visual works for me. smile.  And yep, the percussion is all FM synthesis which I designed using the ER-301.  Big fan of percussive FM tones. Thanks!

April 7, 2020 2:25 am
rdomain wrote:

And yep, the percussion is all FM synthesis which I designed using the ER-301.  Big fan of percussive FM tones. Thanks!

Major props to you, I love using FM synths for their sound but I rely on patches, as it looks like some next-level alchemy to make your own big_smile Maybe one day I will learn!

April 8, 2020 7:46 am

It is definitely cute. It's playful, it is light (particularly rhythmically). Cute. ;D

April 11, 2020 5:42 pm

April 11, 2020 6:51 pm

April 12, 2020 8:14 am
Gab Manette wrote:
rdomain wrote:

And yep, the percussion is all FM synthesis which I designed using the ER-301.  Big fan of percussive FM tones. Thanks!

Major props to you, I love using FM synths for their sound but I rely on patches, as it looks like some next-level alchemy to make your own big_smile Maybe one day I will learn!


You should do it man!  Lots of fun and pretty satisfying to create from scratch. smile

fc wrote:

It is definitely cute. It's playful, it is light (particularly rhythmically). Cute. ;D


You are.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Ipaghost wrote:

Thank you gif peeps.

April 13, 2020 12:46 am

Man, so into the squelchy percussion in this. I dig the way it lures you in with something mellow but then hits you with those perc breaks. Jarring in the best possible way.

April 19, 2020 3:17 am
Simon Koehn wrote:

Man, so into the squelchy percussion in this. I dig the way it lures you in with something mellow but then hits you with those perc breaks. Jarring in the best possible way.

Thanks Simon!

April 19, 2020 10:42 am

If Plaits is doing Pads are they Plaids?

April 20, 2020 1:03 pm
Ryan wrote:

If Plaits is doing Pads are they Plaids?

I hope so.

April 23, 2020 12:55 pm

If this is cute, it's cute as in a bunny that decides to chomp on your fingers!  Really love when those gritty beats kick in.  A bit AFX like witht those pads oof they sound lovely.  Well done!

April 24, 2020 11:57 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

If this is cute, it's cute as in a bunny that decides to chomp on your fingers!  Really love when those gritty beats kick in.  A bit AFX like witht those pads oof they sound lovely.  Well done!


Hehe, yes that what I was thinking re: cute.  And cheers!  Glad you dug it smile

April 27, 2020 7:50 am

damn that ER301 is massive.. lust rising

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up